Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 23, 2014, 02:18:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter from Scrapiron to my mass mailing about our Facebook Page  (Read 1464 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: October 03, 2011, 11:54:45 PM »

Thought you all might enjoy this as much as I do - it is amazing how the members of our forum can weed out people like this one, which so often makes our jobs easier. Somehow, Scrapiron didn't make it to the scrap heap in the banned list - sometimes we are just happy to see them go away, but "do to my mailing tonight concerning our Facebook Page" he rose to the top like a floater in a toilet bowl and sputtered out these final words:

Blahh Haa Haa Haa. Please cancel my account, and take me off your mailing list. I will not be back. Your "forum" is the worst for any Beek trying to learn, and gives Beekeeping a bad image. I will stick to Beesource, and Homesteading Today. May not be as busy as yours, but at least everyone acts like adults and people can learn.

Some people arent out for the title of "Worlds Greatest Beek"... I just want my bees to survive winter. Good Luck with your POS forum.

Well... isn't that special - lol. I guess POS doesn't stand for Power of Suggestion or Point of Sale - heehee

I know this made some of yours day, as well as it made mine. I Left Beesource in there because it is a fine forum and to edit its name would do it disjustice. I think it funny Scrapiron doesn't realize how many members we share between the two forums. I have always said that there is plenty of room for unlimited beekeeping forums on the Web - he just don't get it.

By the Way, the mailing added way over 67 new members to the Official Beemaster Facebook Page", what a cool thing to do in just one day. Bravo and thanks to all Smiley

Now.... where is that ban button??? Oh yeah... there it is grin

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:57:45 AM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 12:17:39 AM »

That was funny.

If memory serves, this was the guy that was trying to teach us what a “troll” is by being a troll!  

He's going to need a change of attitude or he’ll get banned everywhere else too.
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:11:15 AM »

<I guess POS doesn't stand for Power of Suggestion or Point of Sale - heehee>
beemaster....
   It stand for
  rainbow sunflower POS Positively Outstanding Service Just my $0.02

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »

That was funny.

If memory serves, this was the guy that was trying to teach us what a “troll” is by being a troll!  

Your Memory Bluebee is fine. I had a vision of Wile E. Coyote (super genius) standing there, taking off one troll suit and there was another one underneath that one, and on and on - they just keep coming like tissues in a Kleen-x box - lol.

Follow us on TWITTER

VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »

I just dont understand the attitudes of some people, new to a hobby, that comes to a website wanting help, info, etc and then coming off like they have. Before I even registered, I visited the site often to try to get a feel of how to do things and the feel of the members as well. I watched your video (John-Beemaster) on how to install a package at least 20 times before I even ordered my first one or made my first post. Theres one in every crowd, forum etc...hate to see any amount of controversy-my real job gives me enough of that. Theres a huge difference between discussions, debates and just all out b.s.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »

K9

Totally understand how you need to kill the work switch when you leave, taking any of it home is pulling over-time you aren't getting paid for. I must be honest, I was disappointed when you couldn't make it to Bud3, I remember the reason and family always comes first, but I thought we'd of had a great time chatting across a table.

As Admin, I've seen a lot of "types" come and go here. The embedded troll type, someone from somewhere else trying to look like a good guy and turn into a beast over-night is most apparent, honestly though I don't think he was one of those - I just believe some people are unstable and have a short trigger to match, that is a terrible combination in a forum.

I don't feel too bad for these people, because usually they show their true colors quite fast, rarely do they make it a hundred posts and in most cases, the barely see 40.

The worse and saddest to see leave is the long term members that all of a sudden lose it. It is a tough move to make because chances are they have friends here, supporters, people who can't see clearly the mess the long-timer is digging. It makes it difficult for mods to handle because it's very difficult to even imagine some going from a few thousand posts to an evil swamp slug over night, but it happens and honestly - unless the violations are extremely egregious, few people are going to understand how we justify slamming on the brakes as hard as we often need to do.

This group of mods we have are amazing in that EACH has full power to do as they see fit and NO ONE will argue their decision. At the same time, if time allows, we all ask each other for input in case our own thinking is compromised because of anything that could cloud our judgment. It is a system that has worked for years and it is also something that members have generally accepted as decisions made with thought and care and not irrationally or hastily. That acceptance by the members is a trust that mods take with great pride and we do our best to always do the right thing.

I'm just glad to state that the need for us to meet concerning such matters are rare, and oddly fall around the "Cabin Fever" season we mention so often - the lax time of year when there is nothing in the bee-yard to do and some members have little else to keep their minds busy, so tensions build and the words just flow out the ends of their fingers into the keyboard like lightning striking trees.

I know you have heard a lot of this before, but other readers haven't and it couldn't hurt to repeat that anything that negatively effect members are a concern of ours. We aren't like an on-call fire department, lying in bed ready to jump into our boots, we have real lives but we've also dedicated a great deal of time to make this forum the best it can be for the members.

Sure, life could be easy and we just toss out all the rules out the window, but that isn't our goal, nor will it ever. Making a safe place for anyone seeking a friendly place to come in to, from out in the cold of the Internet is our goal. I'm happy to say I know of several members who have NEVER posted outside of the Coffee House, their interest in beekeeping comes second to their socializing found here. That is why we have so many topics other than beekeeping - giving members a place to share all their ideas without having to belong to a dozen different forums is a great asset to the members, one I use frequently myself.

Enough though, I'll end with the final number of new Facebook members to Beemaster's International Forum with a whopping number of 72 new members in one day - wow!  A simple request about Facebook lead to a humorous reply from Scrapirion, all and all - a wonderful day!

Follow us on TWITTER

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 06:00:57 PM »

""The worse and saddest to see leave is the long term members that all of a sudden lose it. It is a tough move to make because chances are they have friends here, supporters, people who can't see clearly the mess the long-timer is digging. It makes it difficult for mods to handle because it's very difficult to even imagine some going from a few thousand posts to an evil swamp slug over night, but it happens and honestly - unless the violations are extremely egregious, few people are going to understand how we justify slamming on the brakes as hard as we often need to do.""

WOW! I didn't realize I had sunken that far. I better start watching myself.  shocked

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »

to an evil swamp slug over night,

iddee, we'll have to start a support group.  12 steps to get over being and evil swamp slug..... evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 09:09:56 PM »

I seem to remember banning myself for a week for breaking the rules (I'm sure many of you remember too) it was fir the obvious reasons, 1) I deserved it and 2) no one is above the rules.

I agree Iddee... Anyone can snap when something triggers life's buttons. The fine line of admining is to see who can be salvaged with warnings and hopefully (you leaned toward this) intervention using friends who may talk the member off the edge.

I hope we never need an anger management forum - I'm sure someone can suggest hundreds if we really need them. I just hope that warnings and asking the member to reread their posts from a neutral prospective is enough, but seems that only a fraction can be saved - usually when someone hs gone as far as need a warning, they have already made up their mind.

Follow us on TWITTER

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »

Yeah, Kathy, I'm afraid one day Beemaster is going to start a new forum. It will be the time-out forum. He will send you, me, and a few others over there for a time-out, like the kindergarten teachers do.  shocked shocked shocked grin

And John, I know I break the rule about not responding to trouble makers. I can't help it. It's just one of my weaknesses.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 11:39:13 PM »

If you behave, no time out is needed  grin
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 11:49:50 PM »

iddee, we'll have to start a support group.  12 steps to get over being and evil swamp slug..... evil

"Evil Swamp Slug" !!! I like that.... might have to change my screen name to that.  Kinda ftting living herein muddy Mississippi

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »

you have been gone a long time.  what have you been up to?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »

iddee, we'll have to start a support group.  12 steps to get over being and evil swamp slug..... evil

Nope, we will just threaten you with a handful of salt Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »

cheer

you are on a roll today, aren't you?

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »

Mike (Beee Farmer) good to see you too.

Feel free to use "Evil Swamp Slug" License free It's the least I could do for the coo Indiana Jones Hat you gave me Smiley

Iddee... Stop giving me ideas - lol. I can relate a timeout for with Redemption Isle on Survivor and it sound very tempting  locked

Follow us on TWITTER

Tommyt
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 08:43:52 AM »

Somehow, Scrapiron didn't make it to the scrap heap in the banned list - sometimes we are just happy to see them go away, but "do to my mailing tonight concerning our Facebook Page" he rose to the top like a floater in a toilet bowl and sputtered out these final words:

I think he liked me   grin
I have to admit,I couldn't get the too work for about a week,he was the start of it.
My apologies to all who got caught up in it, excluding scrap-ola
I now keep the ointment next to the key board grin

Tommyt

"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next