Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oxalic acid approved  (Read 364 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
Re: Oxalic acid approved
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:23:43 PM »
Even though it is approved by the Feds, I do not think we can use it until it is approved by our own state.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
    • RV BEES
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 12:18:09 AM »
I got a call from the state Apiary Board here in Arkansas today about the Oxalic Acid.
I was told that even though it is approved by the feds it has to be sent to each state.
The state will then see what chemical is to be used whether liquid, granule or powder.
The state will decide which chemical to use and how to administer it.
The Oxalic Acid has to have on the container that it is approved for use of honey bees.
In other words you can't go to the hardware store and buy it.
The chemical company has to register their product in the state and label it approved for treatment of honeybees.
Until then it is illegal to use it here in Arkansas.
They are going to put a label with wording for use with honeybee treatment and jack the price up.
That is what was told to me today from the Arkansas State Apiary Board.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:02:26 PM »
From The Brushy mountain web site:

We have mentioned that Oxalic Acid has been approved by the EPA; however for it to be used legally it must be registered in the individual states and have the appropriate label. It has been a process but we are working to have all states approved.

Currently North Caroloina and Pennsylvania are registered and it is available at both location. We are continuing to work with other states and expect several to be approved in the coming weeks. Later than we wanted. We will keep the information updated on our website to know where it can be sold.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline OldMech

• Field Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »
sooo.. every beekeeper buys a bottle with a label and then refills it with the stuff he ordered from Amazon?
   The way I see it, if they can write "Approved for Varroa control on Honey bees" on a label and stick it on a bottle so can I.
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline little john

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:20:22 AM »
I only hope you guys are feeding sugar/ fondant/ patties which have been 'approved for feeding to honey bees' ...

LJ

anything