Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 26, 2014, 09:26:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 26615 times)
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2012, 06:52:45 AM »

I've put out hundreds of facts in these pages; please care enough to be more precise.

Was this 'your' opinion Poppi?  rolleyes  Why would you start this type of banter again? 

What's that old saying about chicken coops?  grin

Denial of reality is like crapping in your nest and holding your nose to make the stink go away, something humanity is all too familiar with.

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #301 on: March 05, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »

Ask the question people;  Why don't we have a National Primary?
I would bet it’s because the political parties can basically pick who THEY want for the next nominee to be if they break it down into small states.  They can then weed out anybody that doesn’t follow their extreme views with negative ads in just one or two states.  They disenfranchise the majority of people in the country; as normal. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #302 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »

the reason is that matters of elections are left to the states.  unless you could convince them to do it on their own, states like Iowa, who really likes being the 1st, would just move their day up.  we sure as heck don't need to start earlier!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #303 on: March 05, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »

Its all about control, nothing else matters BlueBee.  There are plenty of BETTER examples of well run elections around the world and WE could certainly do better.  But THAT has nothing to do w/ it, doing better that is.  

We are dealing w/ some of the most fearful (don't doubt for a second that they are very afraid), sociopath's and unfortunately the most powerful people on the planet.  Those who 'think' they are in charge, but know in their hearts that they are loosing their grip and will stop at nothing to maintain it.  

They secretly (some are open) HATE the internet and the democracy it may offer future generations unless they can get it under control.  There's that word again.   Our freedom is little more than an illusion.  

Sometimes we move in in baby steps, sometimes in great leaps.  Such is the way  cool.

t

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #304 on: March 05, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »

I think you’re right again T.

KathyP, I hate to burst your bubble, but Michigan tried (and did) move its primary up during the last election and the PARTY refused our delegates!  As T says, it’s not really up to the States.
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2012, 06:11:43 PM »

Meanwhile, Back at the topic: grin
With Super Tuesday looming, will Mitt become the Republican Nominee?

Live long and prosper!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »

My prediction is YES; Romney will the nominee.  That has been my prediction from day one. 

He's got way more money than the rest of them and he is the least nutty of the whole bunch, so there is no doubt that in the end, he will be the nominee. 
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2012, 07:45:37 PM »

TBeek,

This post was started by Bluebee Oct 5....   you didn't show up until Nov 30...   and none of your posts contain facts to back up what you profess to believe...  only opinion...    I only respond to your post earlier because you continue to bable on with useless trivialities to provoke or insight in a legitimate discussion about "republican" front runners...   like throwing water on acid vs acid to water...  you are so outclassed in this post I am beginning to think you would be better helping "Occupy Wall Street".

I agree...  back on topic...   I think Romney will eventually be the GOP nominee as well...  not my pick but I will do what it takes to get the current "person" out of office...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »

but Michigan tried (and did) move its primary up during the last election and the PARTY refused our delegates!

that's not the same as having a single primary day, which i am in favor of.  what you and FL did was try to get done before others.  that's fine.  i'm saying that if we tried to have a single day, states would still try to get ahead of it.  you can't make a law to do it all on one day.  it would have to be an agreement between all states and i don't see that happening.

it has more to do with primary money being spent in each state, not with what the party big wigs want. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #309 on: March 05, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »

If Michigan and Florida hadn’t been disenfranchised by the political parties in 2008, Hillary Clinton would be President and Bill Clinton would be First Lady  cool
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:46 AM »

TBeek,

This post was started by Bluebee Oct 5....   you didn't show up until Nov 30...   and none of your posts contain facts to back up what you profess to believe...  only opinion...    I only respond to your post earlier because you continue to bable on with useless trivialities to provoke or insight in a legitimate discussion about "republican" front runners...   like throwing water on acid vs acid to water...  you are so outclassed in this post I am beginning to think you would be better helping "Occupy Wall Street".

I agree...  back on topic...   I think Romney will eventually be the GOP nominee as well...  not my pick but I will do what it takes to get the current "person" out of office...

Thanks for your opinion Poppi  Wink.  Your point is ......?  huh(I was in the hospital for part of October) huh huh

Sorry you don't like the challenges I and others have presented but that is the essence of an 'open' forum.  It is most unfortunate that instead of dialogue (or even a presentation of specific complaints) you select to denigrate the writer instead  Cry.

Romney has 'always' been the 'safe' bet. 

But I'm still holding out hope for Ron Paul  cool as the one Obama 'should' run against.  IMO; Romney is just a lighter shade of OBAMA so I believe PAUL would present the best challenges to the status quo, which both OBAMA and ROMNEY will protect to the end, and would also provide the most entertainment to the masses.

A Romney/Obama Election will be boring and somewhat predictable.

That is "IF" I actually had any faith in presidential elections, I don't.  Those who have been paying attention know where I believe our efforts 'should be directed' and its not this "meaningless distraction" of presidential politics.

t

SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »

Alright Folks; anybody catch our 'Republican Front Runners" today, at the AIPEC or was it the AIPEK (whatever - friends of Israel). Talk about kissing @$$,  Jewish behinds ain't been that clean since the 'Great flood'! shocked
Crap, I think Newt promised to NUKE Tehran, as his first official act, should he be elected.  evil

We really need one of those yellow critters (smileys) with a lipstick mark on its behind (for just such an occasion)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:57:43 PM by ray » Logged

Live long and prosper!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2012, 01:50:05 AM »

Late News:  Romney squeaks by with another win….

Looks like the “conservative” candidates would rather give the nomination to Romney than stand by their principles and support each other.  Now isn’t that a surprise. 

Clearly if you combined the votes for Santorum and Gingrich they win every time against Mitt.  It would seem logical to me that if one or the other dropped out, it would ensure a “conservative” would win the nomination.  Why won’t that happen?  If they both stay in, they both lose.

Maybe the most important Republican race tonight was Joe the Plumber.  Did he win his nomination? 
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2012, 07:58:12 AM »

I just want to know 'what' these self-proclaimed conservatives really want to conserve, besides their own current way of life. 

All of the GOP candidates besides Ron Paul have long forgotten what 'conserve' actually means.  Based on their rhetoric (lies and promises) they apparently want to conserve an 'illusion' of an America that has never existed.

IMO; they're all (Dems too) very confused, but with so many voices telling them what they must say or do in order to 'win', is it any wonder?

t

Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2012, 04:45:14 PM »

TBeek,  You make some valid points in the last couple of posts.  And I'm sorry for you being in the hospital the times I pointed out...  hope all is well with you.

This forum or you don't challenge me...  bottom line is my freedoms are at stake and I will do what is necessary to defend them.  Is this campaign race a mess...  yes it is...   MHO..   If Obama loses we slow the inevitable...  if he wins 4 more years...  the USA that I know and grew up in will not exist anymore...

Who can fix it???   I know, but I won't bring my convictions in here because in the end it doesn't matter what I think...  at least not in here!

Have a good bee year  Smiley

John
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »

Presidents don't/can't/won't fix anything anymore.  That's part of the illusion, giving us hope or belief that we actually have any say in these matters on a National scale.  I don't believe it makes any difference who occupies the oval office any more.  Whoever it is will do what is necessary to protect the Status quo.

Think about it; for 18-20 months we're told to pay attention to this campaign fiasco which is used as smoke screen (and it makes an awful lot of money) to obscure what's really going on at the local level, where we are blind and being taken to the cleaners.  A very deliberate travesty against freedom or the illusion of freedom.

We should start demanding that our 'federal' reps spend 'more time at home' where 'we the people' can reach them and keep an eye on them.  Right now we have little, if any access.  At least on a local level we still have access, we still know where our elected live and work and who they are talking to.  

There's no reason why we shouldn't expect the same from our 'leaders'  rolleyes in Washington DC.  

Close down DC and SEND THEM ALL HOME NOW!  cool

(thanks for the kind thoughts  Smiley I spend too much time in those places (hospitals), but.................learned/accepted long ago that 'life will kill ya'  Wink

t
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:32:45 AM by T Beek » Logged

Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »

I am certain that Satan himself is right now suffering from frostbite.

I am convince of this because I am in 100% aggreement with what you just posted.  Like I said, hell has frozen over.

The professional paid liars (politicians) in washington - also known as our alleged representatives and legislative lawbreakers, need to be brought home and put on a leash where we can keep an eye on them and reduce or minimize the damage they do to our country every day.  Bush 2 and Bush 3 need to be tried for treason.

Old Blue
Too darn discusted to comment further in...
Kali-bone-ya
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:50 AM »

Well,something we can agree on. The less time they are able to be in Washington,the less harm they can do. Representatives should be home with their constituents.Not working on te next election the day after they are seated.
But Ron Paul is not a saint either. He inserts earmarks into a bill for his home state then just does not vote on the bill or votes against it ,knowing it will pass.
  Nice way to say I didn't vote to spend the money,while going home and saying this is what I brought back to our state. He has been in for twelve terms.
Although I agree with a lot of what he says,there is a lot I don't.

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:10 AM »

No such thing as Saints (or Satan) IMO  Wink  They both reside in us all  grin

And of course 'no one can agree on everything' (just ask my wife  Wink, but keeping an open mind is still the most important component for discourse to remain successful in bringing any kind of meaningful change.  

It is the (purposely?) misplaced, often missunderstood (and mostly petty) divisions that cause the most harm to any public debate, usually resulting in the complete opposite of the desired outcome for the people, but not the politicians.  See today's Congress on C-SPAN for the most transparent daily examples.  

These thoughts and conclusions are not new.  Personally I've been saying/demanding/working for such government reforms since at least the mid 70's, even when working as a public servant for the government in and out of DC, much to the dismay of several supervisors/superiors that I happily outlasted cool

***Never said I wanted to vote for Ron Paul, only that I blieve he'd offer the BEST debate and challenge to OBAMA.  It really does pay to read entire posts, even the lengthy ones, sorry )***

t
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:51:46 AM by T Beek » Logged

Mason
House Bee

« Reply #319 on: March 08, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »

The GOP primary is a sham.  Anyone can vote in the GOP primaries if they go to the poles and ask for the Republican ballot.  Now think about it.  Don't you suppose their are more than a few Democrats casting votes for Romney?  It's stupid.  I have lost all faith in our political system.  The thought that we actually have a choice about the candidate selected is absurd. 

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next