Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 29, 2014, 02:23:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 23773 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »

We vote today!  I’ll be heading to the polls later on today to cast my educated vote Wink  Yep, we’re an open primary here in Michigan.  We don’t register as Dems or Republicans.

The Republicans have been using their dirty tricks playbook big time here.  Constant negative and misleading ads, this time against each other!  Makes you wonder how dumb they think we really are.  Romney has been particularly egregious.  Apparently he feels you win in America by throwing mud, being negative, and telling half truths.  Is that the way Ronald Reagan got elected?  I didn’t think so.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

I did my civic duty and cast my vote in the Republican primary today Wink 

You know what somebody needs to invent?  Voting over the Internet!  Smiley

It would surely save time, money, productivity, and get a much higher voter turnout too.

The machine I fed my ballot into seemed to want to eat it  Sad  I would have more faith in my vote getting properly registered over the Internet. 
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #282 on: February 28, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »

Did Ya Hear: Good old Rick is asking DEMOCRATS to vote for him in the REPUBLICAN primary!  evil

Live long and prosper!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2012, 05:38:49 PM »

some states have are open primary.  anyone, from any party, can vote.  that's why some dems have been trying to get their own people to go out and vote so that they can mess with the numbers.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »

Messing with the numbers, who me  grin

Santorum has been placing Robo calls to Democrats asking them(us) to vote for him!  He tells us not to vote for Romney because Romney was against saving the Detroit automakers and 1.5 million jobs.  Of coarse he thinks we’re idiots and don’t know that Santorum actually voted against saving the Automakers.  Slick Rick I would say.

Romney on the other hand has been running ads about how Santorum is a free spending Republican and has voted to raise the debt ceiling like 8 times (I don’t recall the exact number).  Again, they think we’re too dumb to realize if you don’t raise the debt ceiling the good ole USA defaults on our bonds and interest rates go through the roof (ala Greece).  Being a business guy, Romney knows that, he’s just playing us voters for fools.

It will be interesting to see the results in Michigan tonight.
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »

Hey kathyp: you calling Rick Santorum a Democrat?

Live long and prosper!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2012, 06:08:15 PM »

nah...i think there are a lot of dems who would rather he run against Obama than Romney run against him.  i just wish they'd do the whole dang thing on the same day so that 1. it would be over and 2. all states would count.

i'm not even paying much attention to any of this yet. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #287 on: February 28, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »

Santorum has been placing Robo calls to Democrats asking them(us) to vote for him!  He tells us not to vote for Romney because Romney was against saving the Detroit automakers and 1.5 million jobs.  Of coarse he thinks we’re idiots and don’t know that Santorum actually voted against saving the Automakers.  Slick Rick I would say

yup.  no business should ever be allowed to fail.  the governmnet should step up and save every single one.

Romney on the other hand has been running ads about how Santorum is a free spending Republican and has voted to raise the debt ceiling like 8 times (I don’t recall the exact number).  Again, they think we’re too dumb to realize if you don’t raise the debt ceiling the good ole USA defaults on our bonds and interest rates go through the roof (ala Greece).  Being a business guy, Romney knows that, he’s just playing us voters for fools.

another good plan.  keep borrowing so you can keep spending so you need to keep borrowing to pay the debt.  we should all live like that. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #288 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »

We vote today!  I’ll be heading to the polls later on today to cast my educated vote Wink  Yep, we’re an open primary here in Michigan.  We don’t register as Dems or Republicans.

The Republicans have been using their dirty tricks playbook big time here.  Constant negative and misleading ads, this time against each other!  Makes you wonder how dumb they think we really are.  Romney has been particularly egregious.  Apparently he feels you win in America by throwing mud, being negative, and telling half truths.  Is that the way Ronald Reagan got elected?  I didn’t think so.

Reagan didn't. But it helped Obama alot in 2008.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #289 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »

I did my civic duty and cast my vote in the Republican primary today Wink 

You know what somebody needs to invent?  Voting over the Internet!  Smiley

It would surely save time, money, productivity, and get a much higher voter turnout too.

The machine I fed my ballot into seemed to want to eat it  Sad  I would have more faith in my vote getting properly registered over the Internet. 

Voting over the internet is already available through Americanselect.org.  Unfortunately for voters the forces that make it their business to suppress voting are deeply entrenched (and heavily financed) and will not allow it to occur, at least not until it is demanded by the people instead of ridiculed as a useless endeavor.

Where does that message come from?  Hmm-mm?

All this said, Americanselect.org is simply an excellent experiment in internet democracy taking place right now, and is only limited by its participation or lack thereof, much like what we currently struggle with  Wink.

Although Wisconsin also has an open primary it means nothing.  We don't get a chance until April I think, as said it matters little. 

My personal thoughts are that the Presidential Election is mostly a farce/smoke screen these days and used 'primarily' as an emotional distraction to obscure what's going on in LOCAL ELECTIONS, where the action 'really' is. 

We clearly have it backwards in America (surprise!), we get all excited over the National Election (even that only receives a bit over half the eligible voter participation) and completely ignore what's going on in our own backyards. 

Most American communities hover around the 20% average (or less) for local elections, including State, depending on the issue.  By the time citizens wake up from their sleep its usually after being sold down that "lazy" river.

Ask the question people;  Why don't we have a National Primary?

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #290 on: February 29, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »

Ask the question people;  Why don't we have a National Primary?

The answer is obvious, just look at this country.  If it makes sense and saves money we will not even consider it.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #291 on: February 29, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »

Not enough asking the question and still too many accepting the way it is  Sad

t

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #292 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

the reason we don't have the primary on the same day is that it's left to the states to run elections.  that's not a bad thing.  each state is determining where their delegates go.  that said...the parties could set a date, or even two close together.  they could require that all primaries be held in the same month.  any of those things would work.

i like tradition as much as the next person, but the days of whistle stop campaigning is past.  candidates don't need weeks to work their way from state to state and get their message out.

i AM NOT in favor of internet voting for reasons already discussed in earlier thread. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #293 on: February 29, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »

Really?  That's it huh? 

Of course you're not in favor of internet voting kathyp, that comes as no surprise to me.

See the cat, see the cradle?  (w/ thanks to KV)

t

T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #294 on: February 29, 2012, 01:37:05 PM »

I learned long ago that whenever the argument of "states rights" comes up its usually 'code' for rights for the already privileged classes and their believers.

t

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »

I learned long ago that whenever the argument of "states rights" comes up its usually 'code' for rights for the already privileged classes and their believers.

that's an odd leap. how do you get there? 

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2012, 05:34:25 AM »

Graduating with a minor in History didn't hurt I suppose. 

Please don't ask me to educate you, we've been down that road already  rolleyes

t

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »

sorry TBeek.  i'm not 1/2 as impressed with you as you are with you.  i'm sure that doesn't bother you.

justifying your position is also part of debate.  since you like to give us all advice about what we should do, i'll return the favor. 

if you can't back your positions, you'll look far less foolish if you keep your ideas to yourself.  we don't mind if you look foolish, so the choice is yours. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #298 on: March 01, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »

Still haven't picked up that mirror, heh?  grin

t

Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #299 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »

Ya know T Beek...   you would fare better if you could back up your statements with some facts...  all I hear from you is opinion...  and you know what they say about opinions!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next