Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 12:40:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 23511 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »

i think romney/perry would be good.  newt/perry would be good to, but maybe not for perry.  he's a pretty strong and organized personality and i think Newt might drive him nuts  smiley

looks like we'll have to work on a more conservative congress since we are not getting a conservative candidate.  that's ok....don't forget that RR was not the most conservative of people when he ran, and Obama ran as a moderate.   evil  ya just never know.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »

I hear ya.  Hopefully Romney will fix Obamacare if he gets elected and FINALLY give us the public option.  You really need that to cut out the middle man costs.  Obama has really has not fulfilled his liberal promises, maybe Romney would  Smiley
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »

Did y’all see Rick Santorum tax returns? 

Finally we find a 1%er that actually paid a tax rate similar the peons he wants to rule.  28%.  Kudo’s to him.  I’m glad to see he’s doing his share to pay down what he and Dubya spent.  However I was shocked to hear him telling Piers that he made over 3 million in the past 4 years and had virtually NO investment income.  I think he said maybe $1000 in interest.  This is a guy the Republicans want to run the country?  Somebody who knows next to nothing about investing and making capital?  Wow!

Who on Earth makes over 3 million and doesn’t invest a good deal of it in some capital endeavor (stocks, bonds, gold, business, etc).  Where did all the money go?  Under his bed?  And somebody thinks this guy knows more about the economy than Obama?  Ha!

Mitt deserves to lose Michigan for throwing the Auto industry under the buss.  Neither of these guys stand a chance against Obama.  Todays highlight:  GM posts its highest profit ever: $7.6 billion.  GM and 1.5 million good paying jobs wouldn’t exist without Obama and Dubya.  (Hey, I gotta give Dubya credit when he deserves it!)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2012, 01:01:07 AM »

Sorry I had my figures wrong; he didn’t even earn $1000 in interest on that 3.6 million income.  He said he had no capital gains income, no dividend income, and maybe $100 interest income.  And the Republicans want to put this guy in charge of the economy!  Call me nuts, but that is a CRAZY idea.

Here’s the link to Piers interview of Santorum.  http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/15/four-years-of-santorum-tax-returns-out-soon/

He also says he “worked very hard” for that 3 million.  Hmmm.  Does he look like he could last a day in your bee yard?
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2012, 06:18:04 AM »

I didn't review his tax returns, but depending on how he's invested, he won't necessarily have investment income or capital gains. Capital gains are taxable at the time of sale, not annually. I work for a company which was bought by a group of investors several years ago. They won't recognize any gain (no interest, no dividends, no capital gains) until they sell us off in an IPO in another year or so.

With interest rates at historical lows, I'd think it was nuts if Mr. Santorum parked millions of dollars in interest-bearing accounts! He may be a much smarter investor than you give him credit for.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »

could have bought land, gold, or invested in other things that don't pay dividends.  probably donated a chunk too.  i haven't bother to look either.  i'm not wrapped up in what other people make or don't make. far as i'm concerned, it's really no business of mine.

i'm with indy.  no reason to save money in the traditional way.  the interest rates are killing those of us with any cash!   

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »

i'm with indy.  no reason to save money in the traditional way.
Hello…..NASDAQ is at a decade high and the Dow is pushing toward a record.  The stock market has BOOMED since Obama took office.  Look at the charts.  Many stocks like Bank of America have gone up over 50% in just the last 2 months.  Even treasuries have BOOMED with Obama in office.  The yields are low if you’re buying them for interest, but if you’re buying/selling on bond prices, they have boomed.  (In fact the Fed/Politicians have created a HUGE bond bubble the likes of which has never been seen before.  Almost making the housing bubble look benign).

Virtually everything but bank saving rates, auto stocks, and natural gas has gone way up in value.  Romney seems to know how the economy functions and made some $20M last year mostly on investments.  Contrast that the Santorum who said he had no capital gains.  Who do YOU want spending and investing YOUR tax dollars!  $20M Romney or $0 Santorum?   

i haven't bother to look either.
Sounds like some voter homework is in order.
BlevinsBees
House Bee

« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »

Neither one, I'll stick with Obama.  grin

President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
habitatforhoneybees.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »

the only reason a candidates tax return is important is if they are doing something illegal.

as for investing, you can invest in the market and still not get dividends.  depends on what kind of company you are investing in.  the stock market is part of a complete investment portfolio for many people, however, it is not a safe place to put money.  there is no guarantee of return.  just because it's up now, doesn't mean it will stay up.  at the moment, the markets are up because of federal injections of money.  that's not a stable base for investment or for business epically if you don't have money to risk.  

remember, the stock market was booming before the depression also.

right now, the best investment for the long haul is probably distressed  property.  

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2012, 12:36:11 PM »

Mitt deserves to lose Michigan for throwing the Auto industry under the buss.  Neither of these guys stand a chance against Obama.  Todays highlight:  GM posts its highest profit ever: $7.6 billion.  GM and 1.5 million good paying jobs wouldn’t exist without Obama and Dubya.

and GM could have had that same result by going through the normal bankruptcy process and coming out with a clean start.  the tax payer would have been done out of the money, and GM would be making crappy little green cars that no one wants.  the bailout of GM was a bailout of unions.  nothing more or less.  i don't care who did it.  it was wrong.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »

Neither one, I'll stick with Obama. 

there ya go...because WOW, he's done such a bang up job of it!!

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »

Its not hard to imagine what would've occurred under McCain & Co. 

Pretty much the same I suspect.  The rules were laid down long before Obama got the job, hence all the bending over he's done to the dismay of his supporters.  Sadly, the presidency means little these days, other than serving as what, an 18 month long distraction?  Doesn't anyone wonder what's 'really' going on?  There's lot's that's for sure.  We are a very busy species.

It should be understood by everyone; Maintaining the current way of life for those at the top is the only goal regardless of who sits in the Oval Office.  It really should be obvious to anyone watching. 

You all do know, we've begun locking people up just for speaking in an 'assumed' threatening manner.  That could even mean people on this very forum (self included  shocked), some of you might be surprised by the things our Government monitors these days. 

Seems we've let them forget that in the Constitution, "security" means protection 'from' law enforcers, not by them.

Bam, bam, bam, another one bites the dust.

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »

Its not hard to imagine what would've occurred under McCain & Co. 

Pretty much the same I suspect.  The rules were laid down long before Obama got the job, hence all the bending over he's done to the dismay of his supporters.  Sadly, the presidency means little these days, other than serving as what, an 18 month long distraction?  Doesn't anyone wonder what's 'really' going on?  There's lot's that's for sure.  We are a very busy species.

It should be understood by everyone; Maintaining the current way of life for those at the top is the only goal regardless of who sits in the Oval Office.  It really should be obvious to anyone watching. 

You all do know, we've begun locking people up just for speaking in an 'assumed' threatening manner.  That could even mean people on this very forum (self included  shocked), some of you might be surprised by the things our Government monitors these days. 

Seems we've let them forget that in the Constitution, "security" means protection 'from' law enforcers, not by them.

Bam, bam, bam, another one bites the dust.

t

Who is in charge of the Government right now. Are they trashing the Constitution?  Who just passed the law that allows the present Govt. to lock up and hold US citizens without an exact cause?  Who made an agreement with the U.N. that those who talk against the Muslims will be silenced?
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

i'm with indy.  no reason to save money in the traditional way.
Hello…..NASDAQ is at a decade high and the Dow is pushing toward a record.  The stock market has BOOMED since Obama took office.  Look at the charts.  Many stocks like Bank of America have gone up over 50% in just the last 2 months.  Even treasuries have BOOMED with Obama in office.  The yields are low if you’re buying them for interest, but if you’re buying/selling on bond prices, they have boomed.  (In fact the Fed/Politicians have created a HUGE bond bubble the likes of which has never been seen before.  Almost making the housing bubble look benign).

Virtually everything but bank saving rates, auto stocks, and natural gas has gone way up in value.  Romney seems to know how the economy functions and made some $20M last year mostly on investments.  Contrast that the Santorum who said he had no capital gains.  Who do YOU want spending and investing YOUR tax dollars!  $20M Romney or $0 Santorum?  

i haven't bother to look either.
Sounds like some voter homework is in order.

Obama has done so good at spending our money our dept has increased Six trillion dollars in alittle over three years .  My hero.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2012, 05:04:08 PM »

You still don't get it, do you sterling?  Obama isn't in charge of anything  rolleyes  Its all a smoke screen.  Time to pay attention and wake up dude  grin .

Ya know, you should at least read someone's posts all the way to the end before jumping to .........some pre- concieved conclusions and/or assumptions.  You just MIGHT be surprised to find that we're on the same side  Undecided

t

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »

T, they all seem to have the same old tired playbook….. 

Sterling, your hero should be Ben Bernanke, he’s erased 3 trillion of that 6 trillion debt.  Your real villain should be Dubya and his Republican congresses that imploded the economy in the first place.  Obama wouldn’t have spent so much money trying to “stimulate” the economy if Dubya’s policies hadn’t imploded it in the first place.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »

and GM could have had that same result by going through the normal bankruptcy process and coming out with a clean start..... the bailout of GM was a bailout of unions.  nothing more or less.  i don't care who did it.  it was wrong.
Hmmmm…. Now you know more than Dubya too!  Wow, I’m impressed.

"I'd do it again," Bush told thousands of the nation's auto dealers, explaining approving a $700 billion bailout fund used to rescue banks, insurers and automakers. "I didn't want there to be 21 percent unemployment."

"If you make a bad decision, you ought to pay," Bush said. "Sometimes, circumstances get in the way of philosophy."

Bush got a standing ovation

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120207/AUTO01/202070346/1148/AUTO01/Bush-auto-bailouts-d-do-again-
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #277 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »

i really don't care if bush got a standing ovation.  TARP was wrong.  obama doubled down and actually bought into, and funded companies, including the auto companies.  along the way, he did the investors out of what they should have gotten in a normal bankruptcy and sheltered the unions members who's cost and benefits were a large part of the problem.  i don't consider the auto industry saved.  i consider the problems, never solved, delayed.

Alexis de Tocqueville
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »

>>Sometimes, circumstances get in the way of philosophy
Not in this crowd  rolleyes

circumstance : a condition, fact or event accompanying, conditioning or determining another.

Live long and prosper!
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2012, 11:34:15 PM »

TOPIC: Republican Front Runners  lau
     Meanwhile back at the campaign trail:
 Santorum says JFK's statement about separation of church and state, ( church: the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church) makes him sick.
 Guess who was a CONSULTANT for a big lobbyist firm? (other than good old Newt) The man Newt says is a "Big Labor Politician"

Who needs the Sunday funnies?  evil

Live long and prosper!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next