Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 08:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 25285 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2012, 06:02:18 PM »

all the tea party people i know, are like me.  they are constitutional conservatives.  we want the government to stick to it's constitutionally mandated jobs, and leave the rest to the states and the people.  i don't find that to be to radical.

Good Point. But so many big government jobs would be lost if we stuck with the Constitutional mandates.There would be so many crisis going to waste if we let the Constitution rule the day! grin

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »

seems to me that if you can cut all those folks from the military, you should be able to find an equal number of bureaucrats to cut also?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2012, 11:31:34 AM »

seems to me that if you can cut all those folks from the military, you should be able to find an equal number of bureaucrats to cut also?

Sounds like a great plan.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »

... if you can cut all those folks from the military, you should be able to find an equal number of bureaucrats to cut also?

Oh NO NO NO kathyp. You are forgeting the Democrats talking points from Poly-Si 101, "Those also serve who only sit and take...." or something like that.   grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »

sorry...school is long behind me  Wink  seems to be a lot of serving going on!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »

Well thats kind of odd....cause it sure doesn't feel like "serving" shocked

Old Blue
Punitive taxation with no representation in
Kali-bone-ya
SEEYA
House Bee

Poke a meek dog enough times.........!

« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »

Well folks, it's beginning to look like "Mitt the Ripper" (thank you Stephan Colbert), the 'Vulture Capitalist' ( thank you Rick Perry), is going to be the Republican nominee.

Imho: The ONLY people best qualified to be President, are way too smart to want to be President!

Live long and prosper!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »

that's the first one i have watched.  wish Perry had done on the others, what he did last night.  of all of them, he would have been my choice....but... (almost) anyone will be better than what we have!   Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2012, 01:04:06 PM »

Imho: The ONLY people best qualified to be President, are way too smart to want to be President!

I agree. 
BlevinsBees
House Bee

« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2012, 03:52:01 AM »

Mitt will no doubt insure an Obama victory.

President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
habitatforhoneybees.com
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »

Mitt will no doubt insure an Obama victory.

If Mitt keeps shooting himself in the foot, he may not even win S.C.  Wink

Of course he didn't win Iowa either!   rolleyes
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:02:41 AM by BjornBee » Logged

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »

blevins, i can see several scenarios under which Obama wins, but unless there is some bad stuff that comes out about Romney toward the end, i can't see him losing to Obama on merit. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlevinsBees
House Bee

« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:55 PM »

Whenever he goes "off script" he gets in trouble. There will be increasing pressure on him as things proceed to go off script so I think that's where he'll stumble.

President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
habitatforhoneybees.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

not sure it matters.  we were all concerned about the debates, but i predict there will be none...maybe one.  we now know that Obama doesn't function with out prompting which might make a suspicious person wonder if he didn't have a bug in his ear for the earlier debates  evil  not that i'm a suspicious person....

on or off script, Obama has to run on his record.  that's going to be tough to do.

we'll see.  Romney has not won the nomination yet.  interesting times before us perhaps?

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »

Hooray!  One more nut fell off the nut wagon! 

At least we won’t have to worry about him being a VP choice now either.
SEEYA
House Bee

« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

>>One more nut fell off the nut wagon!
   He was pushed, pushed I tell ya!  applause
   Sadly, He was probably the only one who EVER WORKED for his money!

Live long and prosper!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »

i liked Perry.  seemed like a pretty nice guy and by all accounts, has done a good job in TX.  wouldn't mind him as VP. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
SEEYA
House Bee

« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2012, 06:36:16 AM »

>> wouldn't mind him as VP.
 grin "Excuse me I gotta go... ahh .. I need to cast a tie breaking vote in ... ahh ... There is a real important place I gotta be at ...ahh...Hey Mitt where am I goin?" rolleyes grin

Live long and prosper!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2012, 07:42:17 AM »

grin grin grin grin Dubya, revision 2
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2012, 08:50:40 AM »

I know many folks with convictions, morals, character, and values I agree with and have less than stellar speaking skills. I have many friends that are not good public speakers. I have many friends that speak at a level I am sure you would make fun of.

Does that make them a poor human being, any less than the folks that make fun of them? Who probably could do no better themselves.

Give me an everage Joe, who may not be a slick willie, or a person prompted on every word they speak. I have no faith or find value in well spoken folks who are so well versed they are perfect in their responses.

And I also wonder about folks that do value slick talking politicians. But I guess that is why so many were fooled by the last slick talkin, slogan filled, promise spewer.

Making fun of other people, does little to harm the person being made fun of. It does speak volumes of the person making fun of others.

Wink

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next