Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 02:57:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 22007 times)
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

What buzzbee said grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 04:12:14 PM »

Buzzbee   the winner of the GOP straw poll in Florida has always become the Rep. Candidate for Pres...  I do think this battle for "first place" hurts those who have to vote so early that there has not been time enough to decide who would be the better choice...  if that makes any sense...   anyway, at this point it's waaaayyyyy too early.  I'm in S. Carolina, one of those early states...  now they have moved to January because Fl. moved to Jan 31...   the whole political arena is getting more and more rediculous!!!!!!   Right now I don't trust any of them...   neither side...
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »

Primary voting here does not usually happen until May. With so many earlier elections,we often do not have the full field to make our choice from.
So the early voters get the prestige of narrowing the field. I think all primaries should be held within a couple week time frame.
Ours is actually sooner this year,april 24th. Big deal!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 05:04:11 PM »

I think it would be nice for the parties to move all the primaries together.   I know it seems like by the time Super Tuesday came, your candidate was chosen for you.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 12:20:20 PM »

I agree on the same-day primary. I can't think of any cons for this. Can anyone else?

I don't vote Republican, but I'll have to pay more attention to Cain. Wouldn't it be amazing to go this long with white presidents and then have 2 black presidents in a row?

I like Perry's policy on in-state tuition for children of illegal immigrants.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »

Lovin Honey sez.... ""I don't vote Republican,""

OH, you poor, pitiful, misdirected soul. I'll say a prayer for you.   evil grin grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »

Can I get a prayer too  grin
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 03:28:39 PM »

Ha! Cheesy

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »

I don't vote Republican

to much to hope that you'd vote for the best candidate, and not the party?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »

I vote for the best man or woman, the most informed; that’s usually a Democrat  grin

However I have voted for Republicans more times than I would like to admit (foolish youth period).

I've also voted for Independents.  I guess I'm just open minded  Smiley
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 03:49:01 PM »

I don't vote Republican

to much to hope that you'd vote for the best candidate, and not the party?
Not too much to hope. But I've never yet thought a Republican was the best candidate. I've only have 5 elections in which to vote, though, so I'm sure there have been some good ones.

I'm definitely not trying to start a political fight here. I find the huge field of Republican candidates interesting and would like to learn more about them. I found the Tea Party debate terrifying and hope that the audience doesn't represent most Republicans.

A historical question: Has a party ever run someone against its own incumbent president?

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Riggs
House Bee

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »

> A historical question: Has a party ever run someone against its own incumbent president?

Interesting question, and answer.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Has_an_incumbent_president_ever_lost_the_nomination_to_run_for_a_second_term

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another. ~
Ernest Hemingway
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »

found the Tea Party debate terrifying and hope that the audience doesn't represent most Republicans.

that's interesting.  what part did you find terrifying?  serious question.  i ask because you don't seem terrified by the great unwashed fomenting revolution in the parks..... evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »

I don’t understand why it takes so much time and money for any candidate to express his or her  position on the issues when, at the end of the day, they can’t make anything happen without congress, and congress has and will throw us all under the bus to suit their petty politics.

No fun at all!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »

congress is important.  it should be equally our focus.  the president does a couple of things that have lasting impact.  he/she sets the agenda and appoints judges.  there are potentially two supreme court appointments coming up.  at least one of those supremes, a liberal, is hanging on until after the election.  even he sees how dangerous this presidents agenda has been.  RBG will be the other in short order.  we need a constitutionalist in there who will appoint constitutionalists and not agenda judges.  there are also a large number of federal judges that need to be appointed and probably many that need to be replaced.  the Florida ruling today is proof of that, along with AZ, GA and CA rulings that were purely agenda driven.

people don't pay as much attention to congress and local/state elections as they should.  what happens in your state has a more immediate impact on your life and business than what happens at the federal level...most of the time.

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 03:25:46 PM »

found the Tea Party debate terrifying and hope that the audience doesn't represent most Republicans.

that's interesting.  what part did you find terrifying?  serious question.  i ask because you don't seem terrified by the great unwashed fomenting revolution in the parks..... evil
When people cheer over an incredibly high number of executions in Texas and shout out "let him die" over a rhetorical question about someone without health insurance, I find it greatly disturbing that I share a county with people with these sentiments.

I also find it interesting that a group of people so opposed to abortion don't seem to have a problem with adults dying.

Agree about the importance of power in local politics and the other 2 branches of federal government...

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 04:10:06 PM »

I love it when people just open their mouths and repeat what they think they heard some other group say..   and cannot "show" the proof!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »

When people cheer over an incredibly high number of executions in Texas and shout out "let him die" over a rhetorical question about someone without health insurance, I find it greatly disturbing that I share a county with people with these sentiments.

do you have some documentation that this happened and that it had anything to do with the tea party?

as for the difference between abortion and the death penalty:  abortion is the ending of an innocent life.  since no one can come up with an answer to the question of when life begins, and since the child has done no wrong, i can't see no defense for abortion. 

the death penalty is a punishment that some states have agreed to apply for a very limited number of crimes.  the criminal made the choice to commit the crimes.  the people made the choice to have execution as a possible punishment.

it amazes me that so many people who support abortion are so horrified by the death penalty.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 05:20:33 PM »

Poppi, they are getting thier info from "reliable" sources like MSNBC.  i'm just surprised that the one or two people who still watch that channel are also beekeepers  evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »

kathyp...  ya I know...  I hear the sources they use to continue the ignorance...  and well said with the comparison of an "innocent" baby with no choice vs someone facing the death penalty who did have a choice!!   There are so many cliches to use now...  ahhhhh!!!  I'll let it ride...  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next