Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 06:47:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 23486 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »

So who does the bee community believe is the current Republican front runner for president?  The media seems to pick a new darling about every other week.  Who do you like?  

And why is your choice better than the other guys and gals?

Who has the best chance of competing with President Obama?
David McLeod
Field Bee

Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:27:30 PM »

Herman Cain is my pick. Been listening to him for years and he's the only one that talks sense to me.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »

Cain and Perry.  as it stands now, either would be fine with me.  long way to go yet.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:51:16 PM »

Maybe the next one that throws his hat in the ring. Haven't seen a decent one yet.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Poppi
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »

iddee...  I'm with you.  Hasn't been enough time to weed through all this...  as of today I would have to go with Herman Cain...  Go to his website and read his bullet points...  he is the only one so far, that not only says what needs to be done...  he says how he would do it... 
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:19 AM »

I like Cain so far he seems to be the only one with a plan

Keith
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 08:39:13 AM »

At this point, Cain, Perry, and Romney all have a shot at it.  My biggest concern is that they don't destroy the eventual pick by using dirty politics to get there.  I just want Obummer out.  I would vote for any of those three.....so far.....way early.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »

Romney is just another RINO lawyer.  Gingrich is the smartest guy on the stage. Brilliant man but little chance of winning the whole enchilada as intelligence is not a factor in picking a leader for most Americans.

I'm for Herman Cain.  I have seen him speak on several occasions and shook his hand.  He is a guy I would like to work for.  He lacks experience in political savvy and is weak on foreign policy but can easily make up for that with the correct running mate for VP.  Herman Cain understands and has experience in how to run a business, be a leader, delegate to experts and solve problems.  That's what we need. Not another dirt bag lawyer.

Cain/Gingrich would be ideal.  That would bring us dollars instead of change and results instead of hope.

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
D Semple
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 11:06:08 AM »

Cain/Gingrich would be ideal. 

x2
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »

newt is smart, has some good ideas, but.....he's been on the wrong side of some stuff that made it seem that he stuck his finger in the wind, or was just uninformed.
 i can't get past all the infidelity.  everybody makes mistakes and i don't hold that against a person, but when they are repeatedly untrustworthy in their personal life, it makes all of their life suspect.

a good leader does not need to know everything.  a good leader needs to know what they don't know and make sure they hire the best people to fill in those knowledge gaps.  this is where i think Cain has a distinct advantage over others.  because he has run companies, he knows how to do this.  because he is not a political animal, he doesn't feel the need to make political  picks (i hope).  if he's not prez, i hope he gets a high cabinet position because i think he'd be an asset.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »

I like Cain.   .
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »

Cain would certainly take the "race card" off the table.

I like the way he talks.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Francus
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

I like Cain as well. Well enough to send him money Smiley

"...but Sweetie, it's basically just an Ant Farm for adults...."
David McLeod
Field Bee

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »

This thread is reflecting what I'm hearing on the street. Barring any surprises we may have our first non politician president since Eisenhower.
The media keep touting Romney but to me he is the establishment candidate in an anti establishment year. Me thinks the tea party is being under estimated.

Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:15 AM »

I like Cane. He talks straight and is a true conservative.
Jim
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »

never have been a big Romney fan.  in so many ways he's not a conservative....as McCain was not.  the sleaze factor is lower with Romney than McCain.

if we have learned nothing, i hope we have learned not to let the media pick our candidate....and not to let Iowa and NH pick them either.

it IS about time we re-thought the primary process for the republicans.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »

it IS about time we re-thought the primary process for the republicans.
I’m in agreement with that!  I’m tired of Iowa and NH too.  What would be fairer?  What would work better?
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 01:15:43 PM »

This thread is reflecting what I'm hearing on the street. Barring any surprises we may have our first non politician president since Eisenhower.
The media keep touting Romney but to me he is the establishment candidate in an anti establishment year. Me thinks the tea party is being under estimated.

I will second all of the above.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 01:35:40 PM »

What would work better?

do it all the same day, each party picking a different day, i think.  and get rid of all that early voting, etc.  except in extreme circumstances, everyone should vote the same day for the national elections. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 08:48:41 PM »

I always thought it was a darn shame when the candidates dropped out because of the results in the early voting. It does  limit the selection for the voters in states with later dates.
Often the early vote states are not at all representative of the rest of the country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next