Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 09:46:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 25797 times)
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2011, 08:04:28 PM »

The best Republican running is being ignored by the party.  Don't you all wonder why?

Maybe because the other side keeps telling us he's the best candidate?? rolleyes

Rick
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."  Dan Quayle
I don't know the context he used it, but that is quite a brilliant quote, actually. 

I tell my kids that they don't fail when they don't succeed, they fail when they quit trying!!

Rick
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2011, 08:09:15 PM »

Does anybody find it a little hypocritical for the Republicans to be abandoning Mr Cain over an alleged 13 year affair (that he denies) while at the same time throwing support to a serial philanderer (Newt) who has admitted to having numerous affairs?  Newt, the guy that was trying to impeach Clinton while he was doing the same thing!  What kind of a moral compass are we using?  Just thought I should check huh

I am not abandoning Mr. Cain. I would still support him for President. I am just looking ahead if he decides to drop out.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:46 PM »

cain is going down in popularity for things other than these woman.  i'm sure the accusations are getting to some, but not most.  he just peaked to soon and made some mistakes that others capitolized on.

clinton was not impeached for fooling around.  he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, which was witness tampering among other things.  there were other charges, but i think those were the two they ended up with.  

a federal judge in Arkansas also charged him with contempt of court for lying during the paula jones trial, and the state fined him and suspended him law license.  

none of the charges or punishments had anything to do with sex, although that did make a nice sound bite.

as for Newt, he has done some hinky stuff.  it doesn't make me happy that he has. the ethics charges against him would not have been brought against a dem by a dem congress, so you can take that for whatever it's worth.  the infidelity  is a a problem for me because i think that goes to character.  
but....as i said before, God wouldn't accept the invitation to run......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2011, 08:15:24 PM »

Asprince, I just want to be clear, I wasn’t personally questioning you.  Apologies if it sounded that way.

I was questioning the general Republican voters as polled by the media.  The polls show a big drop in support for Cain and a big increase for Newt.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:22 PM »

Asprince, I just want to be clear, I wasn’t personally questioning you.  Apologies if it sounded that way.

I was questioning the general Republican voters as polled by the media.  The polls show a big drop in support for Cain and a big increase for Newt.

No offense taken. My skin is thicker than that. pink elephant

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »

i think it's just that we have a lot of people running and a lot to weed through.  lots of folks are not happy with Romney.  everyone wants someone who can beat Obama.  Newt can certainly out debate Obama.  Romney probably can also.
  unfortunately, that's what it takes these day. the sound bite makes the 6pm news and the uninformed make decisions based on what they see on the news.
Perry is actually much closer to my politics and i hope he will at least get a good cabinet position.  contrary to the opinions formed by those who do embrace the sound-bite, Perry is a good politician with good leadership skills.  personally, i'd rather have a good leader than a good talker.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »

i think it's just that we have a lot of people running and a lot to weed through.  lots of folks are not happy with Romney.  everyone wants someone who can beat Obama.  Newt can certainly out debate Obama.  Romney probably can also.
  unfortunately, that's what it takes these day. the sound bite makes the 6pm news and the uninformed make decisions based on what they see on the news.
Perry is actually much closer to my politics and i hope he will at least get a good cabinet position.  contrary to the opinions formed by those who do embrace the sound-bite, Perry is a good politician with good leadership skills.  personally, i'd rather have a good leader than a good talker.

Kathy some of our greatest leaders were actually well known for their inability to put a sentence together without stumbling.  Of course some of the worst have been smooth talkers. 

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »

I believe Romney is by far the most likely candidate to beat Obama.  I would agree Newt is a very good debater and would do well in the debates with Obama.  But at the end of the day it comes down to which candidate can swing Blue states to Red.  In my opinion it would be very easy to Romney to win parts of New England (being the ex gov of Mass) and at least Michigan in the Midwest.  His dad was a governor of Michigan and he’s got support here.  Mass and Michigan alone would probably swing the election to the Republicans. 

I see no way that Michigan or Mass would ever go with Newt.  Just my opinion having lived in both states.  Nor do I see the industrial Midwest going to Newt.  Newt is a good candidate for the south, but the south already votes Republican as it is.  If you want to win, you better get behind Romney, even if it is a bitter pill to swallow.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »

thanks for your help  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »

The best Republican running is being ignored by the party.  Don't you all wonder why?

Maybe because the other side keeps telling us he's the best candidate?? rolleyes

Personally I haven't 'taken' a side (what 'side' do 'you' 'assume' I'm on?), not my style, but it seems evident many (after 8 pages of thread now) have no idea who Buddy Roemer is and I believe that's no accident rolleyes.  

I also find it amazing and amusing that so many who have such strong opinions decided not to even bother watching the debates Undecided  What else is there that could be more important (on TV that is, I know what is really important grin?  

thomas

(Following the money is very informative to those watching closely)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:53:24 PM by T Beek » Logged

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
JackM
Field Bee

« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2011, 09:04:52 AM »

the infidelity  is a a problem for me because i think that goes to character. 

I had a bunch of stuff written, didn't sound right.  Try this

Sorry that was wrong sounding too.

To judge upon something so personal as someone's personal life style, well not so sure it does relate to character, it is more what society's take is on the matter..

People no matter who they are, are humans and humans err.

“I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast” – Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »

I also find it amazing and amusing that so few who have such strong opinions decided not to even bother watching the debates   What else is there that could be more important (on TV that is, I know what is really important ? 

thomas

(Following the money is very informative to those watching closely)

i find debates useless.  they are done by people looking for ratings and sound bites.  they do not give a good view of the candidates ideas.  i certainly don't see them as a requirement when one is trying to become informed about the candidates. 

i do know who Buddy Roemer is, but you are correct, many do not.  that's on him.  if he is going to run, he needed to get his name recognition up.  he didn't do that.

in an age where people think things like debates and appearances all over the place are important, money is important also. it probably always has been.  the money comes when the message is appealing.   

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2011, 09:42:21 AM »

Personally I haven't 'taken' a side (what 'side' do 'you' 'assume' I'm on?), not my style, but it seems evident many (after 8 pages of thread now) have no idea who Buddy Roemer is and I believe that's no accident rolleyes

Buddy looks like the Ron Paul of democrats Wink.    I haven't taken a "side" either, but it will be a vote of "lesser evils" for me no matter who gets nominated.  But the other side (left leaning media) keeps telling us we need to nominate Romney.  You didn't tell us to nominate Romney.  But I would expect anybody that would tell us to nominate Romney would also vote for him.  If not, then why tell us to nominate him?

Kinda hard to watch the debates when we don't receive TV signals tongue Most I get is snippets while reading the news online.  And most of those are...uh...uh...uh not the high points. rolleyes

Rick
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »

Minimally I think the debates allow citizens a closer look than the candidates handlers want us to see, which is a good thing.  I watch them all (the candidates that is, not just the reps and dems either), there's more out there than the media would have us ever believe. 

The mainstream media goal is to LIMIT our choices, much as the entire 'Primary' system, along w/ the Electoral College.  These are only in place to limit voter participation.

I'm not fond of the mainstream media either which is why other than the debates, I pretty much boycot them all. 

However, if one has a computer and has access to BeeMaster there is little excuse for missing any of these debates unless its a personal choice. 

Besides I think watching 'any' politician squirm (or not) when under pressure is also a good thing IMO.

Buddy Roemer is the 'only' Republican candidate not beholding to Big Money, hence the reason he has so little and is barely known, but the election is 11 months away, plenty of time to weed out the chafe. 

He is slowly getting the word out and doesn't have to beg from those who control the majority of candidates.  Can you tell I like Buddy?  His message is as accessible as any of them out there.

thomas

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »

I agree with T Beek, I think watching the debates is important, unless you don’t receive the TV signals.  We might all be better off without TV signals, but that’s another debate.

Yes the media is after the sound bytes because that’s what get’s them more attention and ad revenue.  Yes, I have been known to make fun of the sound bytes as well.  However the debates are the only real chance the voting public has to see the wizard behind Oz.  Without the debates, all we have to go on is the spin doctors and written policy carefully crafted by other people.  The debates are the only way for the average person to gain insight into the candidates themselves.  I have watched a lot of the debates and there HAS been a lot of discussion of policy.  

When you go to hire somebody, do you just look at their resume instead of interviewing them?  I have seen a lot of overly embellished resumes in my day.  When you get these people in for an interview you often find something much different than the written word suggests.  

I saw Buddy Roemer on one of the cable news shows last night talking about running as a 3rd party candidate.  
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »

Agreed;  There's 'nothing' like looking someone right in the eye while asking tough questions.

thomas

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »

I agree with T Beek, I think watching the debates is important, unless you don’t receive the TV signals.  We might all be better off without TV signals, but that’s another debate.

Yes the media is after the sound bytes because that’s what get’s them more attention and ad revenue.  Yes, I have been known to make fun of the sound bytes as well.  However the debates are the only real chance the voting public has to see the wizard behind Oz.  Without the debates, all we have to go on is the spin doctors and written policy carefully crafted by other people.  The debates are the only way for the average person to gain insight into the candidates themselves.  I have watched a lot of the debates and there HAS been a lot of discussion of policy.  

When you go to hire somebody, do you just look at their resume instead of interviewing them?  I have seen a lot of overly embellished resumes in my day.  When you get these people in for an interview you often find something much different than the written word suggests.  

I saw Buddy Roemer on one of the cable news shows last night talking about running as a 3rd party candidate.  

Well said. We don't have a TV, so I"ve only seen online clips, which definitely are picked out for shock value.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »

If looking there's more available on line than the short clips.  If you have internet access, its just a few more keystrokes away. 

I've lived without electric power (TV and computer) and/or running water before, one time for six years straight, and never wanted for the information needed to make informed decisions, just have to put in a little more effort is all.  Visited the library more back in those days Smiley

"In a free society (since that's what so many think we have) there is never an excuse for being uninformed."  I'm a self confessed 'Luddite' (techNOpeasent) and I can find my way around here with little problem huh huh. grin"

thomas

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »

Is this the final nail in Mitt Romney’s coffin?  

Today he got an endorsement from former VP, boy wonder, Dan Quayle?  If you’re trying to be credible at, well….just about anything, do you really want an endorsement from Quayle?
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700204479/Dan-Quayle-endorses-Mitt-Romney-while-Time-is-given-for-a-Parade-of-Romney-stories.html

“Quayle said Romney is the only Republican who meets his four criteria for determining who he will support in a presidential race — leadership, character, conservative philosophy, and electability.”

Hmmmm, maybe Quayle should have added spelling, speaking, and thinking to his criteria as well huh

"Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts."  Dan Quayle
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next