Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 12:58:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Front Runner  (Read 21979 times)
Mason
House Bee

« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »

Of course if you support communism and are standing on the street with a sign that reads "Down with Capitalism"  I would understand support for Obama.  Which by the way is exactly what OWS people are doing and who has hitched their wagon to that movement?

Former beekeeper until March....maybe next year...RIP
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:29 PM »

So did anybody watch the Republican National Security debate last night?  

Are we now going to see the kinder and gentler Newt since he’s now a front runner?  Letting the illegal aliens stay in the USA as long as they have been illegal for a long enough period of time?  Long illegal = ok, short illegal = bad?  

Is China really going to fall on the “ash heap” of history as brainiac Gov Perry says?

Do we keep pouring 100 billion a year in to Afghanistan because we don’t want to waste our previous 10 year investment in $$$ and lives as Romney says?  Do any of you “double down” on your stocks when they hit the skids?   How has that worked for you?  We could learn a lot from history if we read it with regards to Afghanistan.  

Is an EMP really on the top of Republican worries at night?  

How about racial profiling as Mr Cain suggests?  

Do we extend/enhance the Patriot act to over ride the bill of rights as everybody but Ron Paul supported?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »

Long illegal = ok, short illegal = bad? 

the short answer would be yes.  it's a matter of being practical.  i have never thought it was practical...even if it's desirable, to try to round up and deport 10 to 20 million illegals.  so...there needs to be some kind of registration and sorting system.  the system needs to discourage new illegals as much as it needs to identify those who have been here a long time.

Is China really going to fall on the “ash heap” of history as brainiac Gov Perry says?

chinas economy is not stable.  they are starting to suffer many of the problems of instability that we all are.  the have other issues that could cause them disaster, not the least of which is an aging and HUGE population.

must one be good in debate to be a "brainiac"?  that might cause some problems for a few....just saying.....

Do we keep pouring 100 billion a year in to Afghanistan because we don’t want to waste our previous 10 year investment in $$$ and lives as Romney says?  Do any of you “double down” on your stocks when they hit the skids?   How has that worked for you?  We could learn a lot from history if we read it with regards to Afghanistan. 

no argument there.  we should have put much more effort into our long term relationship with Iraq and been out of Afghanistan years ago.

yes, we buy more stocks when the price is down.  so do you if you are invested in a 401k plan.  how does it work?  depends on the market, but if you are in for the long haul, it works well.  if you were planning on retiring tomorrow, i wouldn't advise it.

Is an EMP really on the top of Republican worries at night?

this has been a worry for the security folks for years.  do some research.  it's close to the top of the list of really bad things that could be pretty easily (in theory) done.  computer hackers are up there also.

How about racial profiling as Mr Cain suggests? 

Do we extend/enhance the Patriot act to over ride the bill of rights as everybody but Ron Paul supported?

didn't watch the debate, but if Cain is suggesting that our major efforts be directed toward those groups we know to be a consistent threat, then yes, i'd agree with racial profiling. profiling the major threat does not mean that you ignore other possibilities.  we have limited resources and it makes sense to direct them where they will do the most good. racial profiling is another one of those liberal buzz terms designed to evoke an emotional response instead of a logical one.

before i address the patriot act issue, have you read it?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »

Blue: Do you think it would possible to round up all illegals from Mexico and other central American countries, or from Iran, India, China and wherever and send them home?
And if do you think they should be sent home why has your president and homeland security not already done it?
Your a liberal and you surely don't think ya'lls beloved ACLU would stand for that.

And what could be wrong with profiling if it makes this country safer? Call a SPADE a SPADE
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »

NO, NO, NO. Profiling is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.  If we have a sickle cell anemia outbreak in epidemic sickle cell proportions, we should check all people, whites, blacks, Asian, ETC. NEVER profile.....

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
rail
House Bee

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2011, 07:02:30 PM »

We could learn a lot from history if we read it with regards to Afghanistan.  

You hit the nail on the head!

Sirach
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »

As for myself, NO I’m not a liberal.  It just seems that way on the bee keeping forums because many beeks are so far right of middle America they’re in a different time/space zone.

Illegals:  No, I don’t support shipping the illegal’s out of the country.  It’s not practical.  Glad to see Newt realizes that.  However Newt seemed to be the only one realizing that last night.  The other candidates continued their denial.  Sounds like many of our bee keeping friends are finally coming around too.  Glad to see it.

Profiling:  I’m also not opposed to profiling.  It is a huge waste of time and money for the TSA to be probing every grandma and grandpa.  Just don’t mention you’re a bee keeper though  grin

Patriot Act:  As for the patriot act signed by Bush, it has many parts and I’m not a lawyer; are you?  I have read about the various broad powers it gives the government to prevent terrorist attacks on America by foreign and DOMESTIC terrorists.  Ron Paul was the one last night that said is tramples over the bill of rights.  The other Republican’s says it doesn’t because it “separates” criminal law from war law.  Which law is applied to a US citizen seems to be up to the government to choose.  

Do I have a problem with that?  No not really, I support what Newt said with regards to the Patriot act.  
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »

Looks like my man Herman Cain is about finished. I hate it but it ain't lookin good. Is Newt just the flavor of the week? I would love to see Newt in a debate with President Obama.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »

i think you are right.  none of them engage my gag reflex.  of all, i like Romney the least, but if we can get a conservative congress in there, even he would be ok. 

i think we'll be ok with whoever ends up with the nomination.  we are getting a preview of the machine in action.  who ever is nominated is going to have every single bit of their life dissected.  we'd better be prepared for it.  God chose not to run this time, so we are left with mortal man.   Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »

I have always liked Newt but thought he had to much baggage to get elected. But if Bill Clinton play with cigars and interns in the oval office and get reelected then anything is possible. If Romney is chosen I will support him as I did with McCain but for now he is not my man of choice.

Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2011, 07:44:35 PM »

I am just wondering if anyone is willing to take me for my 2 Cain t-shirts now?    I would really like for his troubles to blow over, but if not, I would vote for Newt.
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2011, 08:00:10 PM »

If you find a taker, I have two also. Also have a Fred Thompson from the last election.

Steve

AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »

grin
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »

Buddy Roemer anyone?  The best Republican running is being ignored by the party.  Don't you all wonder why?

Hey, thanks for the entertainment grin

thomas

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »

I thought he was a Democrat.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2011, 07:11:07 PM »

Maybe a better Republican tee shirt would be:

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."  Dan Quayle

At least Quayle didn’t get the legal voting age AND the date of presidential elections wrong in the same sentence like Brainic Gov Perry did.  Is this the best the Republican’s got  huh

http://news.yahoo.com/rick-perry-forgets-two-things-same-sentence-202523382.html

Can you imagine Gov Perry debating Obama!  shocked
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2011, 07:14:03 PM »

Can you imagine Obama without his teleprompter?
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2011, 07:16:25 PM »

Newt will rip him a new one!

Steve

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:49 PM »

Is this the best the Republican’s got 

can't be any worse than the guy who doesn't know how many states there are, is speaking in a country and doesn't know what language they speak, thinks he's in Asia when he's in Hawaii.....the 58th state maybe?  or talks about the English embassy.  where is the country of English, anyway?

i'd worry more about your guy and anybody he has to go against...unless he can take TOTUS with him....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2011, 07:53:17 PM »

Does anybody find it a little hypocritical for the Republicans to be abandoning Mr Cain over an alleged 13 year affair (that he denies) while at the same time throwing support to a serial philanderer (Newt) who has admitted to having numerous affairs?  Newt, the guy that was trying to impeach Clinton while he was doing the same thing!  What kind of a moral compass are we using?  Just thought I should check huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next