Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 11:58:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a start. Let's hope the other 49 follow suit.  (Read 6420 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: September 19, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

Great going, Florida. You set the stage for the other 49 States to join! Kudos to Republican Governor Rick Scott for having the correctness and guts to move forward on this critical issue !

Hooray for Florida ! !
I-95 will be jammed for the next month or so........Druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida ..

Florida is the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida !!!!

In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.

Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.

Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.

How is this unconstitutional ?

It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare!

Forward if you agree!!

Let's get Welfare back to the ones who NEED it, not those who WON'T get a JOB.....

I AGREE!!!! 100 %

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »

OOH-RAH!!! I have preached this for years now, and I think they (welfare druggies) need to get out of town.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »

bet the courts will block it.  no good deed goes unlitigated.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »

But we can still dream about this even if the courts make their own laws.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »

until this admin is out and this justice dept replaced, we are left holding our ankles, i fear...... ACLU is already after this one and i doubt it will go to court in the state, or stay there.  it will end up at justice as some kind of civil rights violation.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
mushmushi
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »

The problem with that law is that it treats the SYMPTOM not the underlying cause (lack of education and poorness).

Yet again, you only care for yourself with disregard for anybody else.

You "teabagging patriots" secretly wish you could just kill these guys, eh ?
Feminists, drug users, gay people, atheists, critics of USA, brown skinned people, blacks, scientists, natives, anti-war people, etc...

What a joke your beliefs are.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:57:51 AM by mushmushi » Logged
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »

Mushi, look up the definition of troll, then read the forum rules. You might want to back off a bit. I don't think anyone could actually believe the way you seem to, so you have to be trolling.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
mushmushi
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:42:35 AM »

I'm simply pointing out your tunnel vision created by generation of bible group inbreeding.

Want to fix USA's problem ?  Start by hanging a republican every day.
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:50:52 AM »

I'm simply pointing out your tunnel vision created by generation of bible group inbreeding.

Want to fix USA's problem ?  Start by hanging a republican every day.

You sir, come across as a very evil person. Could I be mistaken? Do you really wish death upon your fellow man? Maybe you would be better known as Cain? He killed his fellow man.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »

teabagger/ing is a pejorative term.  i'll assume you don't know the meaning, or you would not have used it.

being a conservative is not about being only for yourself.  it is about looking out for the right of the citizen to pursue life, liberty, and happiness, without government interference.  to that end, i do not care if someone chooses to use drugs.  i do.  i smoke.  i do care if someone asks me to pay for their choice. 

we have been fighting the "war on poverty" at the federal level since the '60s.  the percentage of people living in poverty  has not changed over the years by much.  it runs, on average, around 12%. it is a little higher now, it has been lower in the past.  what has changed is the definition of poverty.  http://www.heritage.org/research/commentary/2011/07/cable-tv-ac-and-an-xbox-what-is-poverty-today

chronic poverty and drug addiction are a result of poor choices.  we are human and we sometimes make poor choices.  we should not expect that others pay for those choices. 

temporary poverty is experienced by many, if not most, of us.  we loose a job, live through a disaster, etc.  i have no problem with temporary help for a temporary problem.  i believe  help should come first from charities and then from states.  it should not be a function of the federal government to support or recover people who have experienced a temporary setback.  it should never be a function of the federal government to be the support for chronic or generational poverty.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »

Maybe Mushmushi saw that latest Republican debate…….
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »

Mushmushi, you just about took a bullet for the Libs. with this post - what A-hole things to say. I don't like making martyrs, that is the only thing that saved you.

I can't remember the times I've posted this very point concerning drug testing Welfare recipients. The following MUST be okay according to Mushi:

1) it is okay that a drug dealer follows a Welfare Recipient into the grocery store, filling the cart with the credit-card like foodstamp card with all the food the dealer wants and WE pay for it at check out. They load up the dealers car, the recipient gets their drugs and transaction complete.

2) Children of said recipient have little to no food while mom and/or dad party until the dope is gone, then they all starve or rob and kill anyone that might have a buck in their pocket.

3) Again said recipient dope user turns to prostitution to offset their need for dope, and maybe some food for the kids.

4) Meanwhile, hard working people with jobs (often paying barely minimum wage) are urine tested, pharmacy counter employees (who I think take more abuse than anyone, Imagine having to tell people a few hundred times a day that it is too soon to get their scripts filled - ugh)

5) Federal, State, Private employees are drug tested, finger printed, background checked, but the Welfare people are NOT - where Mushi is the fairness in that? What agenda allows the prior and the latter to even occur?

The only sad part of this story is that Florida is infamous for being the Oxicotin Express of the US - now "finally" a state wide monitoring system is in place to cut down on the shill doctors that were just raking in the money from people from around the country who came there to get hundreds and thousands of pills at a time as they would drive there in a car with 5 or more people, doctor shop a dozen doctors in an overnight trip and go home with THOUSANDS of pills to keep the train rolling.

A huge part of Welfare misuse is LEGAL NARCOTICS which will likely be tested for, but since the recipient has a script for it, than they will likely get away with it - EVEN IF they take 10 times more a day than prescribed.

Urine testing for prescribed drugs SHOULD come at the END of the MONTH, not the beginning, and if at the end of that prescription cycle you show negative for the medication, you are abusing it and to me... that is a doper too.

I am 100% for drug testing of Welfare recipients, let them play by the same rules as the rest of us, what makes them exempt??? NOTHING, that is what.

BTW Mushmushi You seriously need to re-read the bi-laws, if indeed you have read them. You will not post two messages again like these in this forum - guaranteed. Seriously, I'm not sure why I didn't ban you just now.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »

I guess Cabin Fever is setting in early this year - be nice to each other people, please.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

I have no problem with the Florida law.  I don’t want my tax dollars going to buy drugs; that’s not what I would call good social policy.  We need less drugs in society, period.

Unfortunately I don’t think this law will even make the smallest dent in the US drug problem.  However I still view it as a good law and long overdue.
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:59 PM »

Don't know how this can be viewed as a conservative issue.  West Virginia has been trying to get this law passed with a Democrat Governer and Legislature.  That being said I don't like the law just by the simple fact that indivual rights should be respected more then this.  The flaw in it is that they need to do this.  Why?  Because we have a stupid system called wellfare in the first place.  When people get on it there is no reason for said person to try and get off it.  Think about it for a moment why would you want to get off something that puts a roof over your head and food in your mouth and you can sit around all day and do nothing but make more babies because you get paid more for each kid you have.  To some that probably sounds like a pretty sweet gig.  Heck if I wasn't so opposed to having government more and more in my life I may actually consider it.  Mind you I don't like the idea of my tax money going to druggies.  On the other hand though give these people a reason to get off wellfare.  The problem needs to be fixed not having big brother looking over our shoulder for one more thing.

Kathy ya gonna give me that plucking I'm looking for in posting this?   grin

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »

On the other hand though give these people a reason to get off wellfare. 

I think mandatory drug testing would be one heck of an incentive to get booted off of it. Go cruising through the projects sometime and see what your tax dollars are paying for. Some of the people that are living there 'drawing the check' have nicer cars than I do, have all the satellite TV channels, etc and havent worked a day in years. The only drawback to this law being passed in Florida, is that all the other surrounding states will catch hell with the influx of traveling dirt bags. I'm all for it, but doubt it will go far.
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »

Ever notice that all welfare people have a cell phone? Often the kids in tow will sport one as well! Who do you think paid for those?
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »

You're right, yockey5, a cell phone is now part of the welfare package.

Maybe the neighboring states will follow suit once it's gone through the courts. If it fails, I hope there will be a heavy repercussion from job seekers who are forced to take a drug test. Maybe that will help it go through. The courts have already ruled it is not an invasion of privacy there.

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »

How do you get a job without a phone? 

Isn’t getting a job what we want people on welfare to do?  Take away the tools to get out off welfare and you end up with lifers.  Do we want more lifers?
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »

Up here in Michigan our Governor just pass a law effective immediately that people can only receive  welfare for 48months.  There some exemptions.  Out of the blue many deadbeats wont get payed on Oct 1.   This will save the state 60,000,000.00 a year 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next