Mushmushi, you just about took a bullet for the Libs. with this post - what A-hole things to say. I don't like making martyrs, that is the only thing that saved you.
I can't remember the times I've posted this very point concerning drug testing Welfare recipients. The following MUST be okay according to Mushi:
1) it is okay that a drug dealer follows a Welfare Recipient into the grocery store, filling the cart with the credit-card like foodstamp card with all the food the dealer wants and WE pay for it at check out. They load up the dealers car, the recipient gets their drugs and transaction complete.
2) Children of said recipient have little to no food while mom and/or dad party until the dope is gone, then they all starve or rob and kill anyone that might have a buck in their pocket.
3) Again said recipient dope user turns to prostitution to offset their need for dope, and maybe some food for the kids.
4) Meanwhile, hard working people with jobs (often paying barely minimum wage) are urine tested, pharmacy counter employees (who I think take more abuse than anyone, Imagine having to tell people a few hundred times a day that it is too soon to get their scripts filled - ugh)
5) Federal, State, Private employees are drug tested, finger printed, background checked, but the Welfare people are NOT - where Mushi is the fairness in that? What agenda allows the prior and the latter to even occur?
The only sad part of this story is that Florida is infamous for being the Oxicotin Express of the US - now "finally" a state wide monitoring system is in place to cut down on the shill doctors that were just raking in the money from people from around the country who came there to get hundreds and thousands of pills at a time as they would drive there in a car with 5 or more people, doctor shop a dozen doctors in an overnight trip and go home with THOUSANDS of pills to keep the train rolling.
A huge part of Welfare misuse is LEGAL NARCOTICS which will likely be tested for, but since the recipient has a script for it, than they will likely get away with it - EVEN IF they take 10 times more a day than prescribed.
Urine testing for prescribed drugs SHOULD come at the END of the MONTH, not the beginning, and if at the end of that prescription cycle you show negative for the medication, you are abusing it and to me... that is a doper too.
I am 100% for drug testing of Welfare recipients, let them play by the same rules as the rest of us, what makes them exempt??? NOTHING, that is what.
BTW Mushmushi You seriously need to re-read the bi-laws, if indeed you have read them. You will not post two messages again like these in this forum - guaranteed. Seriously, I'm not sure why I didn't ban you just now.