Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 05:22:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Took Sysco for a walk this am... beautiful morning!  (Read 387 times)
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« on: September 17, 2011, 01:44:21 PM »

I needed to do some minor hive maintenance this Saturday morning... cleaning up a bit... storing tops and what not... so I decided that Sysco needed some fresh air and stretch his wings a bit. Took him outside to the back deck. He loved it. Cat played nice also.  Beautiful day, around 74°F, 54% humidity and a nice breeze...

...DOUG
KD4MOJ
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

Nice looking bird you have there. All I have are some parakeets Smiley
KD4MOJ
Field Bee

Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »

Thanks K9.

I use to have a parakeet before I got Sysco... he was a really trained little bird, 10 years old when he "flew the coop" so to speak. Parakeets tend to not last that long because of the lack of intervention from their owners. The more you interact with them, they tend to live longer.

I went out one morning to get the paper and had the kitchen door cracked (as well as the garage door) and out little Scotty bird went. Chased him for 3 hours before I realized he was being chased by Mockingbirds the entire time. I finally had to give up when I could no longer talk to him. Stayed in the area for some time calling/whistling but got no response. A real bummer. You get attached to those little birds.

So I got Sysco a few years later... he/she (actually he laid an egg 6 years ago) is 19 1/2 now. Big difference between a parakeet and a macaw. Both are fun so enjoy those little birds!

Sysco has an injured right wing so he is safe to take outside... as long as the red tailed hawks stay away. They tend to gather around when I have him outdoors for some reason.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next