Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NC bound....  (Read 1354 times)

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
NC bound....
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
looks like i get to go to NC.  still waiting for them to scrounge up a flight for me.  will have to PM iddee  :-D  guess who's coming to dinner!!  :evil:

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
Re: NC bound....
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
What part of NC?

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »
don't know.  i'll know when i find HQ and get assigned.  i'll try to do an update ASAP. 
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »
Venison on the menu. How do you like it done?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:01 PM »
medium rare!!

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
looks like i get to go to NC.  still waiting for them to scrounge up a flight for me.  will have to PM iddee  :-D  guess who's coming to dinner!!  :evil:

SOUNDS LIKE A HAIKU :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:46:59 AM »
Dunn, NC

Alexis de Tocqueville

Online iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »
Exactly 2 hours from me. Easy trip up Hwy. 421.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:15 AM »
Venison!! Yum!  I wanna go!  :lol:

Have fun Kathy!  Are you helping with Irene recovery?

love,
ziffa

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »
quick update. I've been driving a box truck delivering stuff all over this part of the state. might not be here much longer. people seem to be recovering well here.  will update if I ever get better internet access.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 12:14:48 PM »
home.  we did our thing and it only took a week.  still some folks all the way to the coast, but my part is done.  sorry i didn't get to see iddee, but we only get every 9th or 10th day off and this would have been my 9th day  :-).  next time......

Alexis de Tocqueville

anything