Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 12:27:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PROCESSING HONEY:if u had to do it all over again and owned 22 hives what would  (Read 452 times)
adamant
House Bee

« on: August 28, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »

thank you all for posting on my last thread (if u had to do it all over again and owned 22 hives what would u buy)
hind sight is 20-20. and i am sure you boughtequipmentt that after u expanded you put it on the shelf because u out grown it. i am trying to prevent this..
since i bought a load of useshallowsws thats what i would be using for honey.
my question is what processiequipmentent would u get processess honey from 22 hives?
D Coates
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:13:29 AM »

I've only got 15 hives but I can see more in the future and am planning accordingly.  I started out with a hand held blower, bread knife, and a 2 frame reversable extractor 6 years ago.  It worked well when I started but as I grew, I quickly outgrew my extracting capacity.  I updated to fume boards, a solar wax melter, 2 heated uncapping knives and stations, bought and restored a used Dadant 20 frame extractor, and found an old extractor tank that now serves as a settling tank.  I bought as needed and as the earnings showed up in the bank.  At this point I don't see being able to justify anything else until I get well above what I've got.

Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next