Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 03:15:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have your CDL yet? Better hurry and get one.  (Read 899 times)
kingbee
Queen Bee

« on: August 15, 2011, 02:04:46 AM »

Thanks to the current administration in Washington before long you may have to pass a test and buy a CDL drivers license to operate a farm tractor a swinger fork lift or other type of farm equipment, even if you operate it off road, and only on your own land. At the least this will impact almost all commercial bee operations, most sideliners and some hobbyist.  Can weed eaters, bee blowers, and smokers bee far behind?  

http://www.dairyherd.com/dairy-news/Do-you-need-a-CDL-to-drive-a-tractor-123857449.html

Since I can't post links please highlight, copy and paste the above address in your browser to find the proposal.

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:49:57 AM »

I assume weed eaters are already being regulated by the latest CARB emissions requirements, same with bee blowers.  I suppose you could better control the A/F ratios in a smoker to minimize CO.  Maybe we need smokers with a little micro controlled fan to puff air in and an O2 sensor for feedback?

I have a 92 year old neighbor who drives some old manual tractor in my towns parade down main street every year.  He’s a nice old man, but STILL, it is wise for a 92 year old guy to be driving the farm version of a tank down main street just feet from kids?  Between the old guy and the old tractor and the manual tranny, your odds of something breaking goes way up.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 03:15:25 AM »

... Between the old guy and the old tractor and the manual tranny,

your odds of something breaking goes way up.

grin  I hope you don't think that you must start a farm tractor off in first gear and shift through the gears to get up to speed!!!   grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next