Yepper BlueBee! That is a robber screen. I made it in a frenzy, having problems with the robbers. At least I think I was having problems with robbers. In August of 2010 I ended up with a queenless hive due to robbing. This year in April I had signs of robbing, but can't really tell you what caused them to abscond, the way they did, as I had SHB larvae crawling through the combs.
If robbing was the issue, I have had good success with the robber screens. The construction is simply window screen in a frame with the full bottom and top open. I have blocks with a single bee width opening to fill the top when I start them on it, then before they start gnawing on the hive body I can pull it out, effectively leaving a 3/8 x 10" (9 x 250 mm) opening for them to get in and out.
With the heat we get here, I can't subject the bees to that kind of abuse. I have reduced entrances with the SBB in place, but the robber screens still get used.
In this image there was a block in both the top and bottom (or because of orientation, right and left sides.).
I'm sure skunks would get antsy about fooling around in an area that gave you mysterious zapping. If it works on Bears, Horses, and Cattle, it should work on Skunks. The problem I have with the idea is having to mow under a 6 inch fence. Another thing to use would be a motion detector type sprinkler. The bees might have to learn to swim though...Original Motion-Activated Sprinkler vs. Pigeons