Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 20, 2014, 12:03:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N.S.B. water meter removal #2  (Read 1209 times)
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« on: August 09, 2011, 09:35:08 PM »

This is one of several removals that Peggy, Ian (our son) and I did during my short visit home. More to come! Forgive the crude edit job but I'm having a hard time learning the new software on the computer I'm using up here in S.D.

Peggy and I removed bees from this same meter box several months ago...maybe I should start hanging meter boxes out for swarm traps??

N.S.B. water meter bees 2.wmv

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:51 PM »

Great video.   So did you use blue tape again to close up the hole or something stronger?  And did you get the others bees that were so high up?
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »

Another removal...another video grin

I taped off the meter box again, but they have to be able to read it every month so I'm sure it will be ready for more bees soon!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Sundog
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:28 PM »

Nice video, great job demonstrating the cutout.  Cutout a water meter myself earlier in the year but lost it to SHBs.  Did you need to use any smoke on them?
D Semple
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 02:58:44 PM »

Scott or Peg, does it hurt anything to get beequick directly on the bees?

Thanks,

Don
yockey5
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »

Good job, great video. I have never heard of honeybees going inground as these have done.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »

Don, I try not to get any bee quick actually on the bees but I've seen no problem with the ones that get caught in the crossfire. Of course I don't monitor them either...I imagine they're not to popular with the other bees for a while!

Yockey5, we do the removals for 3 utilities commissions and find them in meter boxes quite often.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Tommyt
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 07:56:29 AM »

Another good job
kills me with shorts on LOL
Like a day at the beach
Go get them and thanks for the
PM.... I did it huh long story
I'll get in touch with you in a week or so

Thanks
Tommyt

"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln
Shanevrr
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 08:33:02 AM »

nice......as usual HD

www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 11:32:49 AM »

Great job Scott & Peg, Don, its best not to get bee quick on the bees, it disorients them for a good while and does wind up killing some.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:28 PM »

Will watch this later, too hectic today.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next