Update: I checked the bees yesterday. If this was a 2 week old swarm as one of the neighbors indicated, it was a huge one. In the beginning I installed a deep 10 frame SBB nuc but reduced it to 4 frames with 2 3-frame blanks when I heard what the neighbor said. When I checked on it a couple days later it was completely packed so I removed a blank, added 2 drawn frames (one with additional brood) and a feeder. Fast forward to yesterday, I show up and there's a huge beard 8"x6" hanging off the front of the hive and a bunch of bees under the hive. I opened it up and the bees are chockablock everywhere and the queen cells look good. I removed the remaining blank and replaced it with 3 undrawn frames. I refilled the feeder with 1:1 and they lined up like cattle. I was in the process of taking a picture of it when my wife called. Nothing serious but the distraction was enough to forget to get new pictures. I'll get some this weekend.
So far it's proceeding as planned, though I did see one SHB in the nuc that I tested to see if it could withstand a hive tool. Nope, SHB's are still unable to survive hive tools. The bees were VERY quick to attack and removed the SHB that had failed the test. :evil: I'm a bit nervous about the SHB's in the tree hive but there's nothing I can do about this now.