I put a cutout in a TBH recently and tried several methods of attaching the comb. I built four with frames ala a Langstroth, I built two with wire and bottom boards to support the frame and two I just rubber banded to the bar.
The wire with bottom boards didn't work well at all, too difficult to mount the comb. So I rubber banded them to the bars also.
The frames with rubber bands to center the comb, worked well to install, but not for the bees. They abandoned the comb and started building at the top. Apparently, they wont build upwards. I have since removed the comb at the bottom and rubber banded it to the top of another bar.
All the ones rubber banded to the bar worked pretty well. There was a bit of damage where the bands cut into the comb, but not too severe. After five days the bees had attached the comb quite well and I removed the rubber bands.
I also constructed a gizzy that supports the frames easy for viewing and working. Very handy. If you want to email me I will send you a sketch and photos.
BTW, where exactly is "Hopelessly Lost". I thnk I have been there, but I dont remember.