Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 10, 2014, 05:39:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My experience with state inspections and registration  (Read 755 times)
latebee
House Bee

Location: western new york, near buffalo and niagara falls 42 50' N latitude and 78 50' W longitude

« on: July 07, 2005, 10:26:55 PM »

Today at 5 pm the new york state inspector was here to inspect my small apiary,which consists of four colonies. Overall it was a very enjoyable and learning experience. The inspector tests for AFB,EFB,small hive beetle,imported fire ants,varroa mites and lastly africanized honey bee. When the inspection is complete you receive a written copy of the report. If you pass,you are assigned a state apiary number and given an opportunity to choose a name for your enterprize. I was especially pleased with a zero varroa mite count---cause I am the guy who lost five colonies to this pest in the past. This forum has been a great help. Also the inspector told me of her experiences as a beekeeeper and passed knowledge from one beek to another. Oh yeah,she also found a Queen I could not in a two deep three medium colony in about 45 seconds,usually takes me about that many minutes LOL. This was a voluntary inspection,   I did it out of conscience because I am close to people(geographically) who make thier living from honey and did not want to jeopardize thier income.

The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next