Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 25, 2014, 02:19:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After Atlantis  (Read 1204 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: July 08, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »

What do you all think we should do in space now that the space shuttle program is done?
joebrown
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »

I don't know! I cannot seem to figure out why we have not been back to the moon. If we could do it back then why are we not doing it now? Or why are we not try to go elsewhere? Sattlites are good, but nothing is better than going there in person. Why worry about a space station that orbits the earth when you could build something much bigger on the moon? I know the moon is farther away, but they did back in the day. My phone is stronger then their computers back then.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »

i think that private tech has advanced to the point that we'll see some companies doing some more space ventures.  it will be interesting to see how this develops.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
joebrown
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »

i think that private tech has advanced to the point that we'll see some companies doing some more space ventures.  it will be interesting to see how this develops.

If they are allowed to do so! I am sure we will have to have a new board/committee/regulatory body to make sure it is done correctly! Sense the sarcasm I hope  grin
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »

and don't forget about the permits and fees!!

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:40:32 AM »

I think we really need to step up to the plate and resume our travel to space. I can only hope we have other craft able to be quickly deployed in short notice.
I think it is a bad move strategically to have the Russians as the sole space entity. It is a National Security concern that should not be taken lightly.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »

We have the rockets to send stuff to space.   The military sends up sats all the time on rockets.   
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »

We have rockets,but not quite the same platform as a shuttle.
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »

May be in the wrong thread but from 10,000 miles away from what I have been reading one could believe that many would have contributed to a one way ticket to the shuttle for Barak. Maybe it all looks different from Downunder.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 08:50:48 PM »

Maybe it all looks different from Downunder.

nope.  looks the same.   Wink

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »

private tech has advanced to the point that we'll see... space ventures...

grin  Not as long as the mission control technical wonks can go on strike in the middle of a mission you wont.  grin
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 11:23:21 PM »

and don't forget about the permits and fees!!

G3 whats wrong with you? 
You can't leave out the TAXS can you?  It's tough to properly crush something without the taxes!
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 11:50:05 PM »

rolleyes i try not to think about taxes, makes my head hurt and billfold lighter!!

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »

I think that private tech has advanced to the point that we'll see some companies doing some more space ventures.  it will be interesting to see how this develops.

The billionaires have figured out how to pass most of the buck to the tax payers (as usual) so how ‘commercial’ the endeavors will be is debatable.  They got the New Mexico tax payers to pony up $212 million for a spare port which Virgin Atlantic is evidently leasing for the sum of $1 million.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceport_America  

However taking $212 million of our dollars for a space port is probably much more productive than wasting $500 million tax dollars on a new NFL stadium.  Then again, bounching or throwing a ball is very important too...... rolleyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next