Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 19, 2014, 03:16:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello from japan  (Read 638 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 27, 2011, 04:17:49 AM »

we are having a great time.  walking our backsides off, which is a good thing.  almost 8  miles today and i think that's about average.  i'll have pics later, but by the time we get back to our room, we are bushed.  it's hot and humid, but at least there has been a breeze and a couple of days, WIND!!  guess a tropical storm bushed by.

have more or less remastered the chopstick thing.  haven't gotten to lost on the trains. only rode a couple the wrong way a couple of times  grin  our son reluctantly turned us loose because he had to work.  he was worried that we didn't have a phone.  wonder how he thinks people used to get around without GPS,  etc  evil  it's nice that he cares....or maybe he's worried about the paperwork if we go missing!

popped into a police station today because we were lost in some little farm town.  we were looking for a temple in a cave thing.  had lots of fun trying to get directions but he understood when i pulled out the flashlight.  we didn't find it, but we'll take another crack at it tomorrow.  we googled it so i think we will do better.

england in a couple of days.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:39:28 AM »

Im envious...enjoy your travels
Anybrew
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »

I love Japan! it is a great place to explore. I was there last May and it rocked, I can't wait to return next year.

Cheers
Steve
Nihonto lover
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »

sho glad youall having fun; tel Chris i dont want a gasha or what ever them white painted women are called. but if you were to make a trip by tyland or how ever you spell it

to bee or not to bee
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »

One thing a really want to do if I ever make it to Japan, eat whale.   Properly cooked.   You might want to look into it while you are there.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »

Eat Whale?  Isn't that what caused our demise in Star Trek IV?
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »

Shouldn't leave Japan without visiting Hokkaido, the northern Island, much more like home, but still a great place.  The hot springs on Sukosukoyama (Yama=valcano) and the snow monkies are a sight to see.

Get your son a Tanuki statue, he'll get a big laugh out of it, it's the fertility symbol over there.

London next?  Sounds like you're on a world tour.  Hope you remember that the original London Bridge now resides in Arizona.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next