Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Marriage on the Titanic  (Read 791 times)

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
Marriage on the Titanic
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »
How many of you are celebrating the new law passed in New York State allowing gay marriage?  The media sure seemed to make a big deal over it.

I’m probably a little more liberal than many around here and don’t really have a big problem with the idea, but this gives me the impression that our politicians are just singing on the deck of the Titanic.  With all the monumental economic problems, debt crisis, wars, entitlement problems, and energy problems we have, aren’t there more pressing issues the politicians should be spending their time fixing?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Marriage on the Titanic
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »
Yes I think economic issues with the government should come before social issues like this one.  It just makes the politicians feel good about doing something since they can not fix the big problems.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
Yes

Keith

Offline bulldog

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
i think they just do things like this to divert everyone's attention away from real problems and so it appears as though they've actually done something. it might just fool enough people to get them re-elected
Confucius say "He who stand on toilet is high on pot"

Offline G3farms

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
I ain't fooled :-D
see my swarms and cut outs at

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
And you ain't in NY. The only thing NY is missing now is the steers. :D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline G3farms

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
have no hinkling to go there either. I can help them out with the steer part, just need a sharp knife and some rope :shock: :-D :-D :-D
see my swarms and cut outs at

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!