Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 17, 2014, 11:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Cov  (Read 1635 times)
mushmushi
House Bee

« on: June 21, 2011, 12:38:59 PM »

Here is the link.

Living the american dream nightmare. Glad I don't live there  afro
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »

the think progress site is a very far left site.  you have to look at every story they post in light of the agenda they push.  no doubt there is more to the story.

we have seen what you have and what other countries have.  we don't want it.  there is a reason that Canadians flood across the border for care...and are even sent here by your government. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »

Boy, I'm glad I don't live there either!! tongue

At least he didn't have to wait 5 days strapped to a stretcher soaking in his own urine! Sounds like our prisons are much more humane than the Canadian healthcare system!! grin

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »

it's the same in england.  they tried to fix the wait times in the ER by mandating that patients be seen within a certain amount of time.  now the ambulance just sits in the parking lot so that the clock doesn't start.  people have died in the back of the ambulance.
their standard of care for things like diabetes is way behind...i'd say about 20 years with very poor counseling on diet, etc. 

my sisters SIL bought private insurance because breast cancer runs in her family.  after watching her mothers treatment, she didn't want to be treated on the NHS if she got sick.  private insurance is very expensive and will not cover any pre-existing conditions.  still, it gets you see faster and you can get the drugs you need, not just the ones that are on the list.

her FIL lost a testicle because after surgery, they didn't recheck him even though he was in sever pain and his nut was the size of a baseball.  they said it was normal and gave him pain meds.  by the time they did recheck, he was developing gangrene.

i have more....   grin

i'm sure it's a great system....as long as you don't get sick....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »

hey, saw the guy interviewed.  turns out he wanted food and a roof over his head too.  guess we should just open the grocery stores and our own doors so that all have everything.

wonder how much effort he put into looking at universities, state plans, free clinics, etc... was he just a convenient press release for the far left?  who, BTW, in their articles, fail to mention the roof and food part.

Alexis de Tocqueville
joebrown
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »

This is not uncommon! I work in a hospital. The homeless constantly fake injuries or threaten suicide to receive food and shelter. The ER is flooded during the winter and bad weather!
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 12:00:37 AM »

This is not uncommon! I work in a hospital. The homeless constantly fake injuries or threaten suicide to receive food and shelter. The ER is flooded during the winter and bad weather!

Well, that is what our semi-socialized system will bring!!

Rick
mushmushi
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »

Well, that is what our semi-socialized system will bring!!

Now now, not another slippery slope fallacy.

By the way, you should know that a lot of homeless people have a mental illness, are junkies or are unable to afford a roof due to poor wages, child support, etc.

When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it.

- Oscar Wilde
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »

By the way, you should know that a lot of homeless people have a mental illness, are junkies or are unable to afford a roof due to poor wages, child support, etc.

and they are out on the street because the kind liberals, years ago, decided that it was a good idea to "mainstream" them into society.  they could be managed as outpatients!  what a great idea!  until they don't take their meds and start causing mayhem on the streets or they freeze to death.  yes....so much kinder.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »

I’m guessing that nobody has watched Michael Moore’s “Sicko” documentary either? 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »

he's not exactly my cup of tea.  i'm sure that medicine in cuba is fantastic....if they can keep the lights on and the doctors fed their rice.

Alexis de Tocqueville
mushmushi
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 12:53:17 AM »

he's not exactly my cup of tea.  i'm sure that medicine in cuba is fantastic....if they can keep the lights on and the doctors fed their rice.

They would probably be even better without the sanctions on them. The embargo punished the Cuban population extremely badly while probably helping Castro to remain in power by scapegoating every problem on the USA.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 01:42:50 AM »

My prediction is one day Cuba will turn into a huge version of Miami when Castro goes and the CEOs move in.  All that beach front property will be Palm Beach x 1000.  I’m not going to predict how the average Cuban will fare.  Change will eventually come....especially with so much valuable beach front real estate!
bee-nuts
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 02:32:05 AM »

Government is great when it works for you.  That ended a long time ago.  USA, CANADA, ENGLAND, all have their pluses all have faults.  The biggest faults of all our countries is that people became complacent and put up with it.  We are all cowards with complaints but not willing to do anything about it.  This country will have to fall flat on its face before it will heal properly.  Until then, its band aids and cosmetics, and lots of blame games.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson
joebrown
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 02:08:27 AM »

Now now, not another slippery slope fallacy.

This is what people think, but it is false!
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »

This is not uncommon!... The ER is flooded during bad weather!

Many or most have a roof over their head and a full belly too.  Local TV weather persons just encourage them to use the ER as a communal tornado shelter.  However most are still seeking good drugs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next