Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 01, 2014, 03:15:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my BILs awakening  (Read 969 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: June 20, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »

so my BIL take my truck with the Bush-McCain, NRA, and American flag stickers on it.  there is also one that says "This is America.  We don't redistribute wealth, we earn it".  he drives to Ashland Oregon.  if you are not familiar with Ashland, it's a suburb of San Francisco.  it's legal for women to go topless, and it's the only place in Oregon with a sales tax.

he pulls up in front of his new place and two kids on skateboards point at the truck and start making rude comments about THE AMERICAN FLAG sticker.  not the NRA or Bush stickers, but the American flag.... so my brave (and liberal) BIL backs the truck in so that no one can see my stickers  evil

then he finds that the city has requested that he trim some trees that are hanging over the fence into the alley.  as he's trimming the trees, some people walk by and start giving him a bad time about cutting the trees.  

by the time he was back to my place, a 3 hour drive, he was livid.  mad about the truck and mad about the people in liberal land.  i just smiled and suggested he rent a truck from u-haul next time.  then commenced a two hour discussion about the differences between the liberal mind set and the conservative mind set. turns out, he's a wannabe conservative.  he just doesn't know what conservatives really are.  he  defines us as the press does even though he really agrees with most conservative principles.

he's 50, brought up in a very liberal family that embraces everything from redistribution of wealth, to racism.  now he has a family, is making decent money, and reality is smacking him in the face.

i share this because it reminded me that there are a lot of people out there like my BIL.  liberalism is not working for them.  they don't know who conservatives are.  they buy the definition given by the press that conservatives are stupid, backward, uneducated, etc.  
we, who are conservatives,  need to be prepared for fact based conversation about the differences.  just as we try to nurture the new beekeeper, we need to nurture the disaffected liberal. they know the policies have failed.  we can show them a better way if we are prepared and patient.

but...i have to tell you....it was very entertaining to see my BIL arrive red faced and arm waving in my driveway.  i'm sure the gunk was well blown out of my truck on the 3  hour drive!  evil

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:35:03 PM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »

lau lau

That gave me a good belly laugh!!

So why did he move out there in the first place, never mind............so when is he moving out of that place??

Legal for gals to go topless, really??...............road trip!!

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

Good story Kathy.   I grinned all the way though it.   grin
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »

Hmmmm.  It seems as though Ashland OR is a finalist in the “Best town ever” contest.  Maybe it’s not all that bad of a place after all huh 

http://www.ashlandchamber.com/News.asp?newsID=182

And what is so bad about the San Francisco bay area?  

VillageProfile reports that “The San Francisco Bay Area boasts one of the most powerful economies across the globe. In fact, if the region were an independent country, its economy would rank 18th in the world. Well known for its ports of entry to Asia and the Pacific, its network of transportation and infrastructure and its world-renowned research laboratories and universities, the San Francisco Bay Area has become a hotspot of innovation that is leading on the road to economic recovery and powering the global economy.”

When are the conservatives going to start giving us these “facts”?
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »

I see in the news that Portland OR just had a naked Biker festival to protest the use of fossil fuels.  And you’re calling Ashland liberal huh

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110619/lf_nm_life/us_naked_bikes

I guess I'm more confused than ever...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 10:36:13 PM »

i have no doubt that the people who live there, love it.  they have pretty much run everyone else out.   Wink  it is a paradise for liberals...unless you like goldfish  Cry

the thing you need to understand about places like San Fran (where i was born) and Ashland, is that diversity is not welcome.  be liberal, or be gone.  they are very intolerant people, those libs.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 10:38:41 PM »

i don't live in Portland.  besides, being naked already makes it easier for the mayor to find his next child lover. 

what happened is this:  years ago there was a great migration out of CA.  clumps of the nuts and fruits dropped off in places like Ashland, Eugene, Portland, and the rest ended up in Seattle.  and they do clump.  they cluster together in the towns and then try to make the rules for everyone who will not join them. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 06:27:31 AM »

lau lau

Legal for gals to go topless, really??...............road trip!!

lau

We ARE talking "liberal" gals here.  rolleyes  You may want to rethink that idea.  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 07:15:52 AM »

...now he has a family, is making decent money...
and thinks it might be nice to keep some of that money...
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »

and thinks it might be nice to keep some of that money...

indeed.  he started out close to the bottom...not quite as close as we, but close.  he also had a really hard time in school.  i suspect some kind of learning disability and certainly hyperactive!  it took him many years to get thorough school and land where he his.  when he was poor and struggling, the whole redistribution thing didn't look so bad.  now he wonders why he's paying for others lifestyles when "if he could do it, anyone can". 

Alexis de Tocqueville
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »

hard work for a paycheck will make you look at the world in a different way.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next