Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Quick  (Read 699 times)

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
Bee Quick
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »
Just wondering for those who use bee quick for removals. How long does an 8 ounce bottle last you?
I did finally find Dadant selling a 1 gallon of bee quick. I could have used some this weekend but didn't have any.

Also, where do you buy your bee quick?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Bee Quick
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 03:49:31 PM »
It lasts as long as you make it last.   I have my current bottle for 2 or maybe 3 years now.   

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »
lasts me a long time.  depends on what you are using it for and how often.  i used it last year to help drive some swarms out of some farm equipment and used more than when i use it for emptying honey supers.  it goes a long way, i think.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 01:39:51 AM »
I sprayed a little last week on my bee jacket cuffs and fingers when I did a gloveless hive inspection.  It seemed to keep the bees away from my fingers while i was in the hives.  My fingers were a little tingly/irritated when I first sprayed them but then they felt fine. Certainly felt better than a bee sting.

linda d