Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 09:22:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook!! I'm FINALLY starting to understand it!  (Read 1103 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: June 06, 2011, 08:25:05 AM »

It has been a long time coming, dealing with all the Farmville game requests, Mafia Wars, friends or friends of friends, etc.. The obvious commercials generated by a FB user visiting a site that is FB enabled and what seems like endless requests to be someone (who I have never heard of friends) it was dreadful.

But, with the help of MaBuzzbee and others, I have honed the friends and requests down to my REAL friends list and little BS. In that respect, I'm getting along with it now and learning more every day.

I was ready to throw it out the window when I opened the email account that I assigned it and saw over 150 BS emails like "weedy Smoorer wants to be your friend" and countless crap that I had to delete. Now... I have most (can't say all the game crap turned off) and what is coming through is mostly posts by REAL FRIENDS and little else.

I still don't care a lot about Facebook, although I can at least stomach it now. Especially now that I'm not bombarded with photo-albums from friends of friends and cross-talk about stuff that I have no interest in.

So for you cynics like me, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. After turning off EVERY email notification - amazing how many they have listed, restricted friends, stopped advertisements for 15% off a meal because someone 3000 miles ate at a place, etc., it is starting to lok like a page I can live with.

More importantly, we are showing 284 members in the Beemaster International Beekeeping Forum page and, now having a grasp on how it works, I feel comfortable asking those of you who haven't joined to do so. There is quite a bit of beekeeping related stuff going on there that I don't see in the forum and vice-versa

I can get use to this and as whacked as I get at such things, it now appears I can use it as a tool, not a ball and chain. Hope to see many more of you on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_55633188198 is the Beemaster Forum Page - I'm looking for 300 members now, let's see who climbs aboard Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »

All that to be on facebook?? I'm still leery John, maybe another time, verdict ain't out yet on my end. Have fun!  cheesy

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »

go for it JP   grin  i have my security set at the highest.  no access to my page except by people i know.  no friends of friends, etc.  makes a big difference when you restrict it.  glad you are getting it figured out john.  it's only a little evil!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:12:48 PM »

I just use a junk email account for facebook.   That way I don't have to see all that.   And I didn't know Weedy Smoorer was your friend too John. 
I limit the number of friends also. 
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:29:46 PM »

I like it because I've found old friend's that I haven't seen in over 30 year's.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next