Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 08:01:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mean, Mean, Mean, MEAN Bees  (Read 6334 times)
Apis629
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 11:38:18 PM »

Well Finsky I prefer a more non-toxic way of killing them vs. gasoline  .

Not to mention that gas is way too expensive. 2.50 a gallon here.

TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 12:22:08 AM »

Quote from: John G
Wow.  I hope africanized bees never make it as far north as us.  I've heard that they can't survive our winters.

I just saw a program on the Discovery Channel about Africanized honey bees.  They look no different than any other honey bee, but apparently their neural receptors for detecting threats are much more sensitive and their reactions are greatly amplified.  It was a facinating program to watch, but pretty scary in reality.

if african bee's are as bad as a hive i removed with out a queen ( meanest things I ever seen, had thousand of stingers in my suit) i feel sorry for yall

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
bill
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 02:07:18 AM »

well for many of us africanized bees are a fact of life. Brazil has learned to live with them and so will we. some of the rules are different, but as we learn to manage them and keep going back to italian queens it will get easier. they still make honey and they still pollinate. they are really a lot more dangerious in a city but they can be managed. we will certainly learn to rely more on protective clothing. and smoke, and forget about working bees with no veil and no gloves, but they are a fact of life for many of us.

billiet
bill
House Bee

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 02:07:26 AM »

well for many of us africanized bees are a fact of life. Brazil has learned to live with them and so will we. some of the rules are different, but as we learn to manage them and keep going back to italian queens it will get easier. they still make honey and they still pollinate. they are really a lot more dangerious in a city but they can be managed. we will certainly learn to rely more on protective clothing. and smoke, and forget about working bees with no veil and no gloves, but they are a fact of life for many of us.

billiet
Barny
House Bee

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 09:15:17 AM »

Very true Bill, at least now I think I know how bad they can get.  Plus I have been all over this county getting swarms or established hives and this is the only one that is even remotely African to me.  So they are here, just not so problematic.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next