Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 01, 2014, 01:55:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how long to empty frames with an extractor  (Read 593 times)
slacker361
Field Bee

« on: May 21, 2011, 11:03:22 PM »

How long does it take to empty 6 frames in an extractor. I am sure it depends on temp and moisture content of honey, but about how long?

thanks
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »

Already uncapped and put into the extractor, about 5 minutes in a 3 frame extractor.  Uncapping, tack on an extra few minutes.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:21:48 AM »

It all depends on the speed they spin and the temp of the honey.  I normally go until the arm gets tired and there is no more honey slinging out.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »

I normally go until the arm gets tired and there is no more honey slinging out.

me too  evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
tandemrx
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

in my motorized 6-frame radial I would say it takes 3-5 minutes.  I think I often give it 5-7 minutes just to make sure I get as clean a frame as I can, less for the bees to clean up (more for me  Wink.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »

If you are using a medium to large motorized extractor it should have a ramp speed timer or similar so that the speed can increase from slow to high over a selected period of time.  Some of the smaller motorized extractors lack this feature, I would suggest obtaining a router ramp switch, it is a simple rheostat that can be manually operated.  Ramp the speed of low to hi over a couple of minutes, leave it on hi for several minutes (3 for mediums, 5 for deeps) then ramp it back down.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next