Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 08:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sicilian Pizza - SUPER left-over party snack  (Read 1660 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: May 22, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »

I got this clever smart trick from my local pizzeria/restaurant  who serves up left-over reheated Sicilian slices (plain) as their signature bread-sticks and they are awesome. This is great in many ways for us, it is just the two of us and a whole Sicilian is a lot of pizza and reheating whole slices often loses the texture of fresh baked pie and often gets over cooked on the outside and gummy or cold in the middle.

See the photo which is self explanatory, but I let the left-over pie get cold (easier and cleaner to cut that way. Cut each slice in four equal sized pieces and spread apart so the heat from the oven comes in contact with all the surface areas. I preheat the oven to 400f and it takes about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the whole bread is crunch to your liking.

I thought this out and here are a few good ideas:

* If you are having a party, you can order a pie(s) with half toppings and refrigerate ahead of time.

* Get plain pies and add your own toppings - even let you family or company toss their own topping on from a choice in bowls you put out.

* Mixing and matching is great and believe me, for some reason, these fingers are more filling that whole slices - I like to cut them in fours.

* A big plus is EVERYONE can get some crust!!

* Not only great for left-overs, but a hit that will amaze your friends when they get to make this crunchy, yet airy treat. And since you are eating fat finger sized pieces, you'll find less tossed, cause Sicilian can make your stomach fuller than your eyes think it will. Enjoy this and don't be afraid that you'll be buying pies that aren't served fresh from the pizza place, the texture and versatility of this makes it a perfect hit for a football game, a movie or any casual gathering and it will be the talk of the party or meal.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

A good liberal snack to calm the munchies Smiley

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next