Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 21, 2014, 04:18:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instead of another Small Cell Discussion...  (Read 524 times)
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »

Any other tobacco users out there?

I sell eggs from my laying hens to offset my mad spitting habit. Im a Copenhagen Long Cut user and have been for around 15 years or so.
Yeah, I know its nasty, bad for you, etc but its still legal (so far) and I enjoy it and quite honestly so hooked that I dont know if I could quit if I wanted too. The first time I ever dipped was a memorable one at that. I conned an older cousin to buy me a can of 'Kodiak Wintergreen'. Why I wanted that particular brand has been lost to antiquity but I think it may have had something to do with a cool bear on the lid. Anyways, just a pinch between the cheek and gum was all it took for me to turn as green as the can it came from and I dont really need to tell you what I had for lunch that day (but I could have shown you). 

I found out that you can still spit if necessary through a veil...just take a few puffs of high velocity wind to get it on through though  grin

Anyways...any other mad dippers/spitters out there?
rgy
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »

quit copenhagen 15 or so yrs. ago after close to twenty years of use.  second visit to the oral surgen sure does help you quit!!!  thankfully nothing cancerous but I wasn't going to go for a third!! took two or three good tries to quit.  went 6 months once and all it took was one dip and I was hooked again for a yr or so.

I'm so glad I quit!
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »

hahaha i'm with ya buddy Copenhagen Long Cut is also my posion of choice.  i have often thought about an apperatice inside my bee suit to spit in.  maybe a market for all the chewing dipping beekeepers out there.  more then once i have suited up and spit through the viel just to leave a big splat.  my buddy on the other had likes to smoke so his viel has all kinds of holes in it from lighting up and then pulling the hood over.  So now ya know why i don't suit up just not worth it spit in the viel just isn't my cup of tea though.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »

I dipped for about 12 years and quit about a week before this past Christmas.  Dipped Redseal Wintergreen Longcut.  It was fun, I enjoyed it, and a hard habit to break.  Theres just nothing like sitting on the boat with a dip or a big chaw in.  However I decided (with a little nudging from my wallet and my son telling me it wasn't good for me) it was best to quit.  I haven't gotten to go fishin yet this year so I may still have to have just one little chew of RedMan the next time I go. 

Ok I'm gonna have to quit talkin about before i have to go down to the store.   grin

James

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next