Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 23, 2014, 06:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a Miracle  (Read 970 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: May 06, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »

Taken from another thread

And I think God has been on our side in many battles because of our faith in Him.

Here's the problem. If we are going to claim God's help in getting us out of something, then perhaps we should also claim He put us there in the first place.

WHY huh

let me start with a little story of my own.

I use to work on billboards. Back in those days some were the ones where paper was glued to the face and others were painted. The painted ones were taken down and painted inside a building and then taken back out and put back up. I worked on the painted ones.

Some of these had eleven foot long sections by two feet wide. Some were fourteen feet long.

One day we were taking the panels down from a sign on top of a building. I was working the catwalk. The catwalk was about twenty-five feet from the ground.

One of the sections got stuck and I was yanking and pulling on it. At one point I got up on a board at the bottom of the trim of the sign to get more leverage and as I yanked on the stuck section , pulling ,it loose a gust of wind came from the back of the sign and pushed on it......

It is true that when you are falling time slows to a crawl. The first thing that went through my mind was "I missed the catwalk." I knew I didn't want to bring the panel down with me cause it would probably cut me in half when I hit the ground, so I let go of it. (Two guys on the back of the sign were holding it)Then I thought about this story the boss man told me about a week earlier where a guy fell from the bottom of an over pass when they were building it, and died. He was a few feet closer to the ground than I was and landed on dirt. I was headed for concrete. So I look down to see what the options were. There was the sidewalk and the tailgate of the pickup. I thought I would try to hit the tailgate.

I caught it with my left foot and went side ways. My right foot hit the concrete, and then my right knee, right hip, right hand, elbow, shoulder, and the boss man managed to get his arm under my neck just as I felt my head "touch" the sidewalk. Probably would have had a bad head injury or worse if he had not caught my head.

Now most people will spout right out, "God was looking out for you that day." As if they know what God's will is. Perhaps it was God's intention to kill me that day. Perhaps my actions and that of the boss man spoiled His plans. (Remember the gust of wind?)

I can tell several more stories where I came close to death but somehow at the last instant I managed to survive without a scratch. Was it God looking out for me or was He actually trying to kill me off or just teach me a lesson?

Now let us suppose that in a time of conflict both of the opposing sides call upon God to help them? Both sides feel they are right. Both sides feel the other is evil. We of course know our point of view of it. But we sure don't know God's views or thoughts.

I wonder if that is what is meant by calling on the name of the Lord in vane?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »

if you want to know what the bible says about nations and gods attitude toward them, read Jeremiah. 

i doubt that many of the blessing apply to us now in our current condition.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mshel
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »

I believe God is/was on our side. We just need to be looking and listening for him more - me included. When a situation looks bad remember it could have been worse. Im sure we all have plenty of those stories too. Smiley
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »

Quote from: Jerrymac
Nw most people will spout right out, "God was looking out for you that day." As if they know what God's will is. Perhaps it was God's intention to kill me that day.
Or perhaps He was just trying to get your attention.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »

If you want God on your side you had better play by his rules, all of them, not just the ones you like.

I have had my guardian angel save my life a number of times, from getting scalded with boiling water, from being struck by lightening, to being run over by a car, and I've gotten hurt real bad when I didn't heed his warning.

But to get that kind of attention you have to not only believe in God, but also believe he can still communicate with us personally. 
Another point is that everyone is entitled to recieve personal revelation from God concerning their responsibilities in life as long as they believe it possible and ask for it.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 11:56:15 AM »

I think we put too much weight on GOD and his interference in our daily lives. I believe had God wanted you dead that day he would have given you a massive heart attack and you would have been dead right there. To think God generated a job for you and a specific project and a gust of wind on top of a stuck board it just seems like a lot of work to kill someone and have his "plan " thwarted by a guy sticking his hand out to cradle your neck. I struggle with my own faith greatly I see so much misery in the world and can't understand why God would allow that to occur. I seem to believe lately that maybe God just created the world how it plays out no one including God knows. The whole free will thing if you will.
My belief is that God puts things in our path to influence us to make the correct decision as does evil or the devil put things in our path that makes us choose wrong. From the smallest thing like maybe your foreman parking the truck there for a reason and your fall being arrested just enough for the foreman to stick an arm out. To the small decisions placed in Churchill's or George Washington's or even George Bush's life that led to their become president's or leaders forever changing the world as we know it. Seemingly small decisions that led to monumental decisions. Who knows like I said I struggle with this a lot.

Anne Rice in one of the vampire books I think it was the one where Lestat goes to meet the devil, she explains a God creates the earth and the heavens, how it developed from there was as much a surprise to God has it has been to us. I don't think God oversees every decision we all make everyday seems sort of trivial for someone as great as God deciding what I eat or want to eat for breakfast this morning. Even the fact of him watching over me on the way to work, seems he could spend his time elsewhere ya know? If I made a bet the fact you fell off a sign was just a random event brought on by a slew of coincidences all leading to you falling off a sign, simple as that....

Keith
Grandpa Jim
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 01:50:17 AM »

I have issues with guardian angles.  A few years ago there was a young man reaching for a fly ball at a baseball game and went over the rail.  At the last second he turned and landed on his back instead of his head....Thank you, Guardian Angles was the headline!  About the same time a local family came home from chruch...Dad taught Sunday school...Mom worked in the nursary.  The family 2 older children and a baby arrived home.  Older children I am sure with questions or requests of mom and dad.  Each thought the other had taken the baby and put her in her room for a nap...but she was left in the car.  A hour later mom goes to check on her and she is not in her room.  The baby was dead in the hot car....where was that gaurdian angle...at the baseball game???   All it would have taken was a tap on the shoulder "hey, check the car".......NO ONE should have to live with something like that.   I know we are not to know the reasons....but I'm still asking....WHY??
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »

I have issues with guardian angles.  A few years ago there was a young man reaching for a fly ball at a baseball game and went over the rail.  At the last second he turned and landed on his back instead of his head....Thank you, Guardian Angles was the headline!  About the same time a local family came home from Church...Dad taught Sunday school...Mom worked in the nursary.  The family 2 older children and a baby arrived home.  Older children I am sure with questions or requests of mom and dad.  Each thought the other had taken the baby and put her in her room for a nap...but she was left in the car.  A hour later mom goes to check on her and she is not in her room.  The baby was dead in the hot car....where was that gaurdian angle...at the baseball game???   All it would have taken was a tap on the shoulder "hey, check the car".......NO ONE should have to live with something like that.   I know we are not to know the reasons....but I'm still asking....WHY??

In the Bible it says time after time that the voice of GOD is that of the Holy Spirit (aka Holy Ghost) which is a still small voice.  The Holy Ghost might also be described as your guardian angel, there is one assigned to every individual on the face of the earth.  
Sometimes that voice is nothing more than a discomfort that something is wrong or not right, other times it can actually be a voice in your head.  But a person must be in tune with the spirit enough to heed or hear these promptings.  The same is true when we seek God's guidance through prayer, to which the answer may be a stupor of thought (can't concentrate on the object of prayer).  The stupor of thought is a NO answer.
God allows things to happen to us because that was the contract, free will.

When we came to this earth from our "preexistence" to this existence, we came with the full understanding of several things.
1.  We have free Choice in our actions and we must live with the consequences of those actions.  
2. He will provide guidance if we ask for it, but we must be listening for the answer (which can be a feeling or premonition).
3. If we violate his commandments we must suffer the punishment of such transgression.  Just as in our justice system the is a prescribed punishment for violating each law so it is with God's commandments.
4. The same is true when we follow his laws, there is a reward although it might be so subtle that it is unrecognized, just like the guidance from our guardian angles.
5. If we adapt conduct that is beneficial to our fellow man we receive rewards of Happyness, if we adapt a course of action detrimental to our fellow man, we reap sorrow and woe.

I will restate my testimony concerning my guardian angel.
The summer I turned six my family lived on a farm, we shared the house with the owners of the farm.  They lived in the downstairs and we lived in the upstairs sharing the kitchen and bathroom.  On one bright sunny day the owners wife was in the kitchen canning vegetables from the guardian.  My family was preparing to do the afternoon milking of the cows.  I had to use the bathroom in the worst way, the tie it in a knot and still can't hold it kind of worst way, so I lit out for the house.
As i threw open the screen door of the back porch and reached for the back door into the kitchen, I heard my name called in an urgent tone.  I stopped and yelled, "What?"  I looked back towards the barn and saw my father entering the milkhouse to get the milking equipment ready and my older brother and my mother disappearing around the side of the bar, going the herd the cows in from the pasture for milking, no one was looking my way as if they had called me.  I reached for the door again, and again I heard my name called.  I yelled,"What?" a second time, but when I looked their was no one in sight.  
I reached for the door knob a third time and opened the door.  The Kitchen was such that the stove (an old 4 burner wood stove) was one once side of the door next to the kitchen table, and the counters, cabinets, and sink were on the other side of the door. Anyone carrying something from sink to stove or from stove to sink had to walk in front of the door.
As I entered the Kitchen the owners wife was propping a hot canning kettle on the edge of the counter, she had tears in her eyes.  She said to me, "When I heard you come up to the porch I prayed to God.  I had this kettle in my hands in front of the door and you would have been scalded to death if you had barged in like you usually do."

That was the first of 8 verbal warnings from my guardian angle, each prompting was a warning of danger.  I disregarded 2 of those promptings and that's why I'm a disabled police officer today.  If I had not charged in to do my duty but had headed his warning things might be a lot different today.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next