Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 04:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Newby Question  (Read 368 times)
orvette1
House Bee

« on: May 07, 2011, 08:36:16 PM »

My queen seems to have gotten past the excluder. I don't know how. I know she wasn't there when I put the honey super on, but anyway. I took the excluder off and am just going to let them have at it in the honey super. I plan on taking some of the deep frames for honey since they are packed full. Here in Hawaii I don't have to worry too much about them starving during the winter. I plan on replacing the ones I take with new non drawn frames. Do you think this is a bad idea?  Please remember here in Hawaii it is warm most of the time, and a lot of stuff blooms year round.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

orvette,i see nothing wrong with taking two frames out if they have other honey stored around the brood.by putting two frames in for them to build comb on will give the queen room to lay eggs in them.as far as the excluder ,i don't use them at all.let her do her thing .she will move down in the deep when it opens up from the hatching brood.remember if they get congested they will swarm.    schawee

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next