Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 02, 2014, 04:06:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lesson Learned  (Read 411 times)
D Semple
House Bee

« on: May 05, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »

Don't work a cold dry swarm thats been stuck out overnight without gloves.

Had two yesterday, after taking about 10 hits to my bare hands on the 1st one I broke down and put gloves on for the 2nd.

Learned me they did. 

Don
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:17:03 AM »

i did one last year and posted the pictures of my gloves.  looked like a prickly bush.   grin  wouldn't have done it in bad weather but it was on some farm equipment that needed to be used.  probably the nastiest swarm i have ever collected!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next