Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 15, 2014, 09:56:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so now UBL is dead  (Read 4802 times)
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 06:47:56 AM »

Burial at sea for someone who is not a sailor is not an honorable end.
Only a handful of sailers know that under his burial shroud, Osama was wrapped in bacon!  Wink
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »

Indy, knowing sailors as i do, i'm sure that was thought of.  at least the clever insertion of some "mystery meat".   the skipper knows those kids also.  he probably set a mystery meat watch over the body.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:25 AM »

Yeah Im sure that there probably wasnt any body desecration but I dare say that he wasnt 'placed gently in the water' either. I dare say it was a simulated bombing run out of a Blackhawk flying doors open.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 06:52:45 PM »

You can bet that if the mission had failed Obama would not have been named for giving the orders to go after him. Lips Sealed
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 07:38:43 PM »

So how do you feel about him being unarmed and shot down in cold blood? Denying him his day in court?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »

So how do you feel about him being unarmed and shot down in cold blood? Denying him his day in court?

i have no problem with it.  as for his day in court, why would we want that? what a circus.  i do think he might have been valuable for a few days......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mshel
House Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 08:44:32 PM »

I'd be a liar if I said I was not glad that he is gone, but I do have an issue w/ killing him in cold blood. I remember Sept.11th like it was yesterday. I had two friends there and I thank God they made it out alive, but so many did not. I cried for days . . . I'm not shocked though because I always believed that when they did find him it would probably go down like this.

We now have to live in a society where we look twice at everyone we meet and over our shoulder every second. Its a sad world. Sad
fish_stix
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

I feel real, real, good about it! Every picture or video we've ever seen of Bin Laden has him carrying an AK47. Plus, he has stated over the years that he would not be captured alive and according to intel from some of the Gitmo detainees, his bodyguards were instructed to kill him if capture was imminent. Why would anyone believe he was unarmed? Who cares anyway? Mission accomplished. A trial would have been the world's largest dog and pony show, with the USA being the laughingstock of the world. The survivors and relatives of 9/11, and our wounded and dead military folks deserved a DEAD Bin Laden.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »

We now have to live in a society where we look twice at everyone we meet and over our shoulder every second. Its a sad world

i don't see it that way, but it might be my age or background.  this has been going on for many, many, years.  most Americans ignored it until 9/11.  that was not the first attack.  it was not the last.  if you lived through the 60's and 70's, we had plenty of domestic terrorists who blew thing up in the name of peace.  i spent chunks of my school days under my desk for either earthquake drills or nuke drills.  the Russians were going to blow us up at any moment.  

same stuff, different agent.  we always needed to be vigilant.  we often were not.

as for UBL, we executed a coward.  he did not wage war.  he killed men, woman, and children, without consideration. he supported the Taliban in exchange for their protection and an entire generation of Afghanis were oppressed.  an entire generation of girls and young women were left uneducated, sold, raped, and murdered, in the name of their perverted form of Islam.  

shot in cold blood was to good for him, but i suppose it was the best we could manage.

Alexis de Tocqueville
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »

I dont think he felt too bad about organizing the flights into the Twin Towers. Those people were as non combatant as they come. He, on the other hand had declared a Holy War on all infidels so that makes him by definition a combatant. Since he was unarmed at the time of his 5.56 round to the noggin, that would make him a poorly prepared and poorly disciplined combatant. Sucks to be him. I have no sympathy for the piece of garbage. I guess after he passes from the gut as a piece of fish poo, he can find out how the whole 72 virgins thing works out for him. Who knows, maybe a piece of his beard will make it to the Bering Sea and we will see it on the Deadliest Catch. Terrorists deserve no sympathy.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »

OK. Just wanted to know. So down with the American way. Down with what Christianity has taught us. Nice to know we put aside all our values and morals when it suits us.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »

So down with the American way. Down with what Christianity has taught us. Nice to know we put aside all our values and morals when it suits us

it is the American way to get justice.  it is the Christian way to fight evil, unless you think we should do the "turn the other cheek thing?  i do not see how getting justice and fighting evil are amoral.  what would you do?  take him home for tea and biscuits?

Alexis de Tocqueville
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 06:57:34 AM »

Down with what Christianity has taught us. Nice to know we put aside all our values and morals when it suits us.
Christianity teaches that one of the proper roles of government is to punish evil-doers. Romans 13:4 tells us that it is the government's duty "to execute wrath on him who practices evil."
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »

You can bet that if the mission had failed Obama would not have been named for giving the orders to go after him. Lips Sealed

Knowing Obama he would have passed the buck on.  When he fails it's always someone elses fault. 

Glad they are finally deciding to release the pictures even if it is a day late and a dollar short.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 08:15:17 AM »

OK. Just wanted to know. So down with the American way. Down with what Christianity has taught us. Nice to know we put aside all our values and morals when it suits us.

Dead is dead, Ill ask for forgiveness for feeling no remorse later. Now..lets go argue small cell or something  grin
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »

Its a war Jerry how do you fight a nice war? You don't you lose it. I think that is what America no longer gets, war is hell, especially for the losing team. As a soldier you are taught until you advance beyond an enemy that enemy is fair game and seen as a threat, they shot him so be it. Had they arrested him and shot him on the ride home I would have had a problem with it. These guys kicked a door open and stormed a room while being attacked by a nut case women the most highly sought after target in the world was shot, all in probably 5 seconds. Its easy to sit back and play arm chair quarterback and talk about right and wrong 3 days later. I feel for the guy who pulled the trigger I see a possible case against him in the future, with the way America treats her warriors. We as Americans are way to touchy feely with our enemies. The only way to win a war is to wage a war, not a politically correct police action. These are not the local tuffs on main street USA these are enemy combatants in a self declared war against America on a foreign hostile battle field.

Keith
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25:52 PM »

cheer
Thank You, Keith

Somehow I get the feeling Jerrymac has never been on the front line in the middle of the night. It's not a fun place to be.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »

In the old Bible there are many counts of God helping good people kill evil people. King David is a good example of God helping good over evil.
 And there wouldn't be an American Way if it were not for our ability to kill those who try to destroy the American Way. And I think God has been on our side in many battles because of our faith in Him.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

Yeah I love how you just take the parts that suit you and over look the rest.

How about judge not lest ye be judged.

For give those who trespass against us

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord

Love your enemies

And here is a good one.   Proverbs 24:17 “Do not rejoice when your enemies fall, and do not let your heart be glad when they stumble.”

But then in this country people pride themselves on standing up for everyone's rights. One of them being "innocent until proven guilty"

And just so many more.......

But.... Now the news articles are saying it appeared he lunged for a weapon.  So I guess they were justified in shooting him. It's just the first thing in my mind was that they burst into a room and started shooting it up. Didn't matter if they had the right room or not. It has happened before, wrong person getting shot.

I was wondering how they were going to re-spin the story.

Then the throwing him out to sea? Really?

So the next time when they rush in and shoot the wrong person I guess we will just chalk it up to..... being on the front line  rolleyes

Jerry

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »

In the old Bible there are many counts of God helping good people kill evil people. King David is a good example of God helping good over evil.
 And there wouldn't be an American Way if it were not for our ability to kill those who try to destroy the American Way. And I think God has been on our side in many battles because of our faith in Him.

Here's the problem. If we are going to claim God's help in getting us out of something, then perhaps we should also claim He put us there in the first place.

Jerry

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next