Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 01:58:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: reality check  (Read 440 times)
phil c
House Bee

« on: April 28, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

went to bed last night complaining to myself that I was gonna have to keep feeding due to the cold wet crappy weather we have been having. During the night my daughter decided to wake up sick and not make it to the bathroon "clean up isle 5!" then this morning I see all the damage from the tornadoes down south. I didnt see any tv yesterday.
WOW, how a series of events can really make you rethink your priorities, My bees will get fed, my daughter will be fine, I will get caught up on my sleep. The good folks down south have a whole different batch of issues to deal with.
I'll be sending prayers that way for the victims and their families. 

AMC cars, Jeeps, Mineapolis Moline Tractors, Bees, More stuff than I have time to play with
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »

Tell me about it..I was hacked because I had some hives torn apart and other people have lost their houses and a few their lives. What has really ticked me off today is all the darn*d rubberneckers that have got the roads clogged up. It took me over an hour to make the 20 minute drive from my in laws house to mine all for the sake of people out sight seeing. "If your not a part of the solution then you must be a part of the problem"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »

yup.  it was just snowing here, but i have a roof and power.  that's way better than a lot of folks have it right now.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:47 PM »

I needed to read this post because I have been feeling a bit nervous lately about my hives and life in general. Actually could not sleep last night because I went and fed my hives 2 days ago (they have little or no nectar or honey) and then that started a horrible robbing of all hives. I woke up this morning and placed robber screens on all hives and I am going to stop feeding. They are on their own now.

Silly to get all worked up over things like this. Yes people have some really tough issues to deal with. My hubby and I have good jobs, a home and lots of security and our health. Every day I speak to people who have truly serious issues to deal with.

Thanks for the reality check

Annette

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next