Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 08:06:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with all the tornados?  (Read 2326 times)
hankdog1
Field Bee

« on: April 27, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »

We're under a tornado warning right now.  It's been like this all spring horrible thunder storms and tornados happening in the mountains of all places.  Normally we get 1 every 20 years in our area this year the count is 2.  What's fueling all this weather?  Am i gonna have to dig out a root celler?  Man alive i know some of you have had it worse but this is really bad here. 

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »

depends on who you ask  Wink  AL gore would tell you it's global warming.  the meteorologist tonight said it was a very strong la nina and a natural cycle. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:09:25 PM »

lol well it's starting to look like tonado alley is moving east.  maybe we'll get lucky and Al Gore's energy sucking house will get leveled and he'll have to live the way he tells all of us we need to.   evil

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:11:11 PM »

now, now.  i could use some of that global warming here.  it's cold and nasty.  still snowing up the mountain.  bring it on!!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »

hey already invested in global warming got beach chairs and a tiki bar ready when the ocean rises. 

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 05:12:45 AM »

Being in tornado alley I can tell you it has moved. We use to have warnings and watches every day in the spring time. Now for the past several years there is hardly ever one in the spring time. It has definitely gone somewhere.

Gee. I kind of miss it  Cry

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
wd
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »

root cellars, beach chairs and tiki bars... don't forget the ark and animals

Storms and tornadoes kill scores in southern US
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13217726
G3farms
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 06:48:09 AM »

We got hammered pretty good here in Knoxville last night. Yard almost white with hail some the size of golf balls, in places 3 to 4 inches deep. Right after it quit I went outside and it almost smelled like a pine tree was on fire, it was just where it had beat the leaves off of the trees and you could smell them. We got it pretty good but others were not as lucky.

Hankdog I have had the same thoughts for several years now about tornado alley has moved east.

see my swarms and cut outs at https://www.youtube.com/user/soapy22bullet?feature=mhee

those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your @ss is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!
Mshel
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »

Its been bad in our area too. Had some touch down two weeks ago and again last night. I was told today my area was under a watch for several hours this morning.  Sad
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »

they say the last time it was this bad was in the 70's.  i was in KY then and remember plenty of them, although i don't remember any that were so deadly...at least in my area.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 07:45:05 PM »

We've had, during this last week, a funnel cloud (didn't touch ground), snow, hail, high winds (blew my new portable garage away), minor flooding, and the creek in my back yard that usually is dried up by May 1 is still running hard.  This winter I've seen more water in that creek than I've ever seen in the 40+ years the family as owned this place.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »

Dang global warming.
VolunteerK9
Super Bee

Gamecock fan in UT land.

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »

Gee. I kind of miss it  Cry

You can have it back. Seven tornado touchdowns in one day here is enough for me.
beee farmer
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 12:44:52 AM »

Ya'l lcome on down here, we got plenty to share here in MS and AL grin

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 12:58:51 AM »

News report indicated that for the last 3 days of April 312 tornados touched down in the Wind wringer belt an all time record surpassing the 240 some of the previous record.   Still squabling over the number of F5's but 2-6  in one day is the latest guestamate.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »

Schawee and I down at Bud's this past weekend saw a good bit of devastation in the little town of Geiger, just down the road from Bud's. Trailers and trees tore up all over, roofs taken off churches and businesses.

They getting it cleaned up pretty quickly but looks like lots of people went homeless, some perhaps permanently.

Hate to see that!

...JP                                                                 

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »

Schawee and I down at Bud's this past weekend saw a good bit of devastation in the little town of Geiger, just down the road from Bud's. Trailers and trees tore up all over, roofs taken off churches and businesses.

They getting it cleaned up pretty quickly but looks like lots of people went homeless, some perhaps permanently.

Hate to see that!

...JP                                                                 

Hear ya man Glade Spring over here got hit pretty good.  Alot of damage still have that exit on the interstate closed.  Just hope people remember what these folks all over the south are going through so they get the help and support to put their lives back together best they can.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »

i have been on the call list waiting to go.  they drew everyone from back east first.  got one call and missed it because i was outside worshiping the rare appearance of that bright light in the sky  sad

even though the news has been obsessed with the killing of UBL, you have not been forgotten.... Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

Did some video taping over the weekend of what happened over in Glade Spring VA sure alot of damage and they have been cleaning up for a while now.  So a youtube search of it will give you videos of what it looked like after it happened.  They are just relying on charity at this point because FEMA denied the request for assistance.

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9MyL5Gi7dYI?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/glIzQ1SFV1A?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next