Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 24, 2014, 11:37:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birthers: so wrong, so long  (Read 2846 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »

No it was not a legitimate issue because there was never any credible evidence whatsoever.  

i will grant you that the grandmother and officials in Kenya saying he was born there was not hard evidence.  Neither was the Indonesian newspaper reporting that Kenyan born obama was now senator obama.  however, in the absence of equal testimony on the other side, it certainly was enough to make it a legitimate issue.  
how do you know where you were born?

But the birther crap has no logic behind it.  It is all about "otherness".

this is your opinion.  your opinion is wrong in my case, and i can only speak for me.

I watched my own family deny they were racist while they practiced extreme racism.  I know it when I smell it.  Doesn't mean you don't have much good in you, but this is not good

if you are smelling something, see a doctor.  do not assume that i am the one who stinks.

John McCain was not born in the US and as far as I can tell, he was not eligible to be President.  But he looks like other Presidents so the birthers gave him a pass.  That is racism

McCain was born outside the US when his father was stationed in Panama.  military and diplomats are treated the same.  left tried to make it an issue to deflect from the HILLARY camp claim that obama was born elsewhere.

now....tell me...how does someone who claims not to be racist belong to the party of racists.  from the klan to the Westbough Baptist church....democrats own that label and try as they might, they can't shake it if anyone bothers  to get educated.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »

I still don't get it.  His mother was a U.S. Citizen.  No one has contested that.  I doesn't matter if he was born on Mars, he is a "natural born U.S. Citizen" because his mother is a U.S. Citizen.  He is NOT a naturalized citizen (the only other kind of U.S. Citizen).

His birth certificate is irrelevant.

You are only american natural born when born outside of the US if BOTH parents are US born AND at least one of them has had to live here.  I have friends who: he is canadian, she is american - they had to spend a lot of money for a green card for their son who born in Canada. 

For somebody who's father is from another country, who spent a large amount of time of his youth studying in a school overseas, a birth certificate is certainly relevant. Any other president, white, black, tan or otherwise, it would have been an issue, as you pointed out Hillary tried it. Mccain happened to have two american born and lived parents, plus a military base more than likely counts as an american territory - thus no questions.

Any issues of race are more likely to stem from his ties to Islam, the fear of which is due to certain large factions of which are calling for and trying to accomplish the death of mass numbers of us (and they've succeeded in large number of cases).

Rick
deknow
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »

....i certainly don't self identify as a "birther"...but i also never understood why he would not release his birth certificate....i can't even imagine a good reason for it.

now, it's a little like holding your hands behind your back and asking "which hand is it in"...when the hand that is picked has the quarter in it, you clearly move around while shifting the quarter to the _other_hand and then say "sorry, wrong hand".  there doesn't seem to be a better reason to release it now than there was before...unless he is scared of donald.

deknow
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »

at first i thought it was The Donald, but there is a Corsi book coming out soon.  he might have been trying to get in front of that also.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »

But still. African is a nationality, not a race. It would be like saying my race is American.  I dunno

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 03:07:55 AM »

came across this on youtube have no clue if it's a farce or not.  it says that the document in question has been digitally altered.  don't know if it's true or this guy is full of BS but it looks like he could be credible.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7s9StxsFllY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 03:14:24 AM »

I still don't get it.  His mother was a U.S. Citizen.  No one has contested that.  I doesn't matter if he was born on Mars, he is a "natural born U.S. Citizen" because his mother is a U.S. Citizen.  He is NOT a naturalized citizen (the only other kind of U.S. Citizen).

His birth certificate is irrelevant.

Well here is the thing that is true unless being born in Kenya and his parents decided to put citizenship there.  Oddly enough it's like renouncing your citizenship without even being asked.  The funny thing about all that is when your a baby your parents can do it for you but as a grown man or woman you renounce the IRS by law can still tax you for ten years. 

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 09:27:24 AM »

grown man or woman you renounce the IRS by law can still tax you for ten years

kinda sucks, doesn't it   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »

if i had to guess, and putting aside where he was born, i think the grandparents took care of making sure that stuff was done for obama.  his mother seems to have been a totally irresponsible, pampered, self centered, twit. 
he was born pre-electronic filing of papers, so we don't know what his mother did or did not do with birth certificate info.  i know when i had my kids, they handed us forms and we filled them out and gave them back.  how easy is it for a piece of paper to be lost?

so if the BC was not available to the grandparents...for whatever reason, the certification of live birth was easy to get.  any adult could get one for just about any child.  it would have been fine for most things like school registration, etc.  the one thing it was not fine for, was proving place of birth. 

which leads me to the question that wandered though my mind in the middle of the night.....why does he have both the BC and Certification?   evil  if the BC was not available to the grandparents and they had to get a CLB, why was it not available to them but it's here now? 

one of the mods needs to put a emoticon of pot being stirred   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

I am going to join the afterbirther movement. 

WASHINGTON–In the continuing controversy surrounding the president's U.S. citizenship, a new fringe group informally known as "Afterbirthers" demanded Monday the authentication of Barack Obama's placenta from his time inside his mother's womb. "All we are asking is that the president produce a sample of his fetal membranes and vessels—preferably along with a photo of the crowning and delivery—and this will all be over," said former presidential candidate and Afterbirthers spokesman Alan Keyes, later adding that his organization would be willing to settle for a half-liter of maternal cord plasma. "To this day, the American people have not seen a cervical mucus plug, let alone one that has been signed and notarized by a state-certified Hawaiian health official. If the president was indeed born in the manner in which he claims, then where is his gestation sac?" Keyes said that if Obama did not soon produce at least a bloody bedsheet from his conception, Afterbirthers would push forward with efforts to exhume the president's deceased mother and inspect the corpse's pelvic bone and birth canal.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/afterbirthers-demand-to-see-obamas-placenta,6866/
showme714
House Bee

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »

Question to all of you: If you have ever scanned a document in your life, look closely at the document. Now look again. It is a fake. Now before you go ballistic think about the theater that was going on when it was supposedly released and the fact that Obama has spent a couple of million defending lawsuits against him to produce the birth certificate. (http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=114202#ixzz1IrRSoSUt) How does Trump all of a sudden gets him to do it without a lawsuit?

1) Isn't it odd that Obama just happened to be watching a TV interview of Trump, decided he couldn't take it anymore and all the networks were ready to interrupt programming for this? That takes a coordinated effort. Obama didn't preempt programming when violence broke out in Egypt or Libya? He's never preempted programming for anything important like a president should.

2) If you lose your birth certificate and get a new one, they send you a new physical copy with a seal to hold in your physical hand, right? Did anyone see a physical copy on TV held by anyone? No. You saw a scanned picture. Do you see an official seal on the picture. Go figure?

3) Did not the Governor of Hawaii and several state employees say that they believed it did not exist? (http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=252833) So where does it pop up from after 2 years?

4) The media told all who want to believe this criminal is legit two years ago that the short form they showed pictures of was the birth certificate period. All the Obama Kool-Aid drinkers were satisfied then weren't they. Well, I guess they were lied to again

And for my final point. I proved it was a fake for myself and you can too. I have posted a video below that will walk you through it. I personally downloaded the birth certificate pdf from the White House website (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf), opened it up in Adobe Illustrator and showed the fraud for myself. I imagine this link will disappear or be replaced by a better fake as this news goes viral.

My advice to you all...do not get your news from corporate controlled mainstream media. That includes TV and print. There is a war on for your mind. Don't lose it!

http://youtu.be/7s9StxsFllY?hd=1
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »

pure racism. 

sorry to trim your post down to that, but that phrase sort of tends to stand out like it's neon highlighted. I honestly believe I'm not a racist, but I can tell you what happens when that epithet is thrown out to shut you up, which is its most frequent use; it's a way of saying "you just shut up" in a way that has a fair chance of working.
Here's how it worked for me - it hurt my feelings and I shut up - the first time - so I went back and carefully considered my opinions, I thoroughly searched my heart trying to decide if I actually hated people for being "different". The answer was no. the next time I heard "that's racist"  My reaction wasn't silence, it was anger - I had said something with absolutely no consideration to anyone's color or background, but was attacked with the powerful "you just shut up" technique.
after going through one more phase of trying to defend how calling me a racist on some issues is a racist act in and of itself sometimes, I don't even bother with that anymore, I don't CARE what I'm called because my usual MO is toward the betterment of everyone - the song is correct - sometimes "you gotta be cruel to be kind" - challenging someone to grow personally seems mean but it, in fact, most of the time, forces them to become better, stronger (on multiple levels), and often, more humble people.
I've often thrown a famous quote of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (not the losers cashing in on his legacy and sowing division everywhere they go)
 "I have a dream that one day my four children will be judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin."
My conclusion from that is that you most certainly CAN find a human being unworthy as a leader, and wanting as a human being altogether, so long as what color he is  - is not a factor in your decision.

be happy and make others happy.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:16 PM »

well said, Bee Happy.  it is amazing to me how much time the left spends thinking about race.  they are obsessed with it.  i guess they judge people a voting blocks rather than individuals. 

being called a racist has no meaning now.  everything you say about that is true.  it has long been a weapon to shut people up, but it's weapon that no longer works.  call me what you want.  i long ago ceased to care. the left has exposed itself as the real racists.....which is what they have always been.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mshel
House Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »

pure racism.  

sorry to trim your post down to that, but that phrase sort of tends to stand out like it's neon highlighted. I honestly believe I'm not a racist, but I can tell you what happens when that epithet is thrown out to shut you up, which is its most frequent use; it's a way of saying "you just shut up" in a way that has a fair chance of working.
Here's how it worked for me - it hurt my feelings and I shut up - the first time - so I went back and carefully considered my opinions, I t :-*horoughly searched my heart trying to decide if I actually hated people for being "different". The answer was no. the next time I heard "that's racist"  My reaction wasn't silence, it was anger - I had said something with absolutely no consideration to anyone's color or background, but was attacked with the powerful "you just shut up" technique.
after going through one more phase of trying to defend how calling me a racist on some issues is a racist act in and of itself sometimes, I don't even bother with that anymore, I don't CARE what I'm called because my usual MO is toward the betterment of everyone - the song is correct - sometimes "you gotta be cruel to be kind" - challenging someone to grow personally seems mean but it, in fact, most of the time, forces them to become better, stronger (on multiple levels), and often, more humble people.
I've often thrown a famous quote of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (not the losers cashing in on his legacy and sowing division everywhere they go)
 "I have a dream that one day my four children will be judged on the content of their character, not the color of their skin."
My conclusion from that is that you most certainly CAN find a human being unworthy as a leader, and wanting as a human being altogether, so long as what color he is  - is not a factor in your decision.
     I liked this. It should be about who you are as a person.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next