Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 09:07:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: geoff is here and has computer issues  (Read 932 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 25, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »

xp on samsung netbook n130.  hard line internet connection works fine.   wireless connects, but no access to web pages, etc.  it worked for him before, but he's been having issues over the last few days.  since the Ethernet line works, we we think it must be some setting that got messed up in his travels.  any ideas?  i can give you my info on the wireless router, but it has happened to him with other wireless connections also.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »

tell him to call dallas, he fixed it last time

to bee or not to bee
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »

got it.  had to call my computer whiz brother. somehow he was set to a dedicated IP address.  once that was fixed, he was good to go.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »

Kathy and I wasted nearly a day trying to fix it, but Kathys brother came to the rescue.  Just goes to show if you dont know it pays to know somebody that does.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »

Hi Kathy and Geoff:

Glad you got it going. I know the message well, Tracey's N120 (XP mini) occasionally spits out "No Internet Activity - Local area only) and it just looks at you. I have changed log in encryption and such, often it got down to unplugging it and rebooting, as silly as that seems.

When Geoff was here, I typed into his net-book my router IP (a little complicated to say as he typed) it was easy for me to type it and we had no problems, luckily during his stay.

Glad you made it Geoff, after being chased up the coast while on a train from Florida to NYC by tornadoes and 5 inch an hour rain, railing it cross country sounded like a great trip!

Have fun you all. Geoff is a great guest, one always welcome and my favorite "visual moment" of Geoff's stay here last week was (while out to dinner) Geoff saw the HALF-RACK of ribs he ordered that was the size of a platter and the meatiest I've ever seen come to a table - I think it came from a teen-aged pig not a baby - lol.

Have fun and it's moments like this and the awesome Bud Events that make a guy tickled to be part of!!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next