Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 12:04:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: employees of PETA have been charged with animal cruelty  (Read 1494 times)
BigRog
House Bee

« on: June 18, 2005, 12:29:36 AM »

AHOSKIE, N.C. - Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin, police said.

Investigators staked out the bin after discovering that dead animals had been dumped there every Wednesday for the past four weeks, Ahoskie police said in a prepared statement Thursday.

PETA has scheduled a news conference for Friday in Norfolk, Va., where the group is based.

Police found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to PETA. The animals were from animal shelters in Northampton and Bertie counties, police said.

The two were picking up animals to be brought back to PETA headquarters for euthanization, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said Thursday. Neither police nor PETA offered any theory on why the animals might have been dumped.

Police charged Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of Virginia Beach, Va., and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of Norfolk, Va., each with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals. They were released on bond and an initial court date was set for Friday.

Hinkle has been suspended, but Cook continues to work PETA, Newkirk said.

Newkirk said she doubted Hinkle had ever been cruel to an animal and said if the animals were placed in the bin, "We will be appalled."

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 12:31:32 AM »

Anyone who contributes to this organisation is supporting terrorism and by definition is a terrorist.

"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"
Miss Chick-a-BEE
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 08:18:31 AM »

I agree. That organization has made some really outlandish statements about blowing up buildings, and how our dogs are so human like that if you feel they enjoy the kind of physical relations that are VERY personal (called beasteality or something) then it's ok. One person from PETA had said something like - you'll know if they enjoy it, and they'll also let you know when they want to have more. There are some very strange people in that group.

Beth
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 11:40:47 AM »

"31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals"

I can see the illegal disposal part, but where does the "cruelty" come into it?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BigRog
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 02:10:16 PM »

Have you ever talked to one of these nuts?
Spending time with them has to be cruelty.

It might have to do with how the animals were killed

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 10:07:46 PM »

Well, knowing I'm about to start something here, an animal is an animal. There is nothing a person can do that is worse than what happens to animals in the wild, or even in the cities. Animals don't think about things the way humans do. They don't look at life and death and pain and suffering the way humans do. The "animal cruelty" thing is something us humans has come up with.

A for instance. I bought some glue traps for mice because the mouse trap wasn't working. Have you ever seen a mouse caught in that glue? It is not a humane way for a mouse to die. I thought the thing would wriggle around and sufficate pretty soon. But no, this little critter was still struggling and squeeking several hours later when I got back in. Well it is only a mouse. A nasty little creature that chews up your stuff and gets into your food, and eats up your bees. But it is an animal.

A cat is an animal
a dog is an animal
a cow, a pig, a chicken, also animals. Do you know how those things are treated?

Ain't it funny people can go out and shoot deer, rabbits, skunks, possum, squirrel, raccoon, and that is not a problem. But shoot a dog.... you might get into trouble.

I don't like to see an animal tortured either, but have you ever seen a small child hurting a puppy? You don't knock the heck out of the child because the puppy is hurt do you?

Some one driving down the road injures a dog and doesn't stop to render aid to the dog. Man is that guy in trouble. But...... sould that persons life be ruined by jail time, his wife and kids end up on welfare because he is serving a sentence? For a dog. Just an animal. No different from that amadillo you hit last week.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next