Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 04:38:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 -#3-Packages on Perma Comb and drawn comb and honey, and foundationless  (Read 459 times)
naturaledge
New Bee

« on: April 22, 2011, 12:17:30 PM »

I just got 4 packages #3 each and was going to try them a few different ways , I have pollen and honey frames and empty drawn frames  from deadouts they are all deeps and was going to install 2 packages in an 8 frame deeps with this arrangement ? HPEEEPHH does that sound right , and want to go foundationless in 1 with drawn comb on each side of empty narrow frames and can I put the 4th on Perma Comb ? the PC is medium and I do have some empty  drawn and some capped medium if I need to mix with the PC. The temps may get in the 50s later today for this operation . Thank you for your advice. Brian . In chilly Maine
Sparky
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »

If you have some more drawn comb, I would put them in between the three empties until they draw out one of the other frames to be a guide, otherwise they sometimes bridge under the topbars of different frames when there is several empties together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next