Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 05:19:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What inflation?  (Read 1840 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 21, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

last time i filled my car the price was 3.59.  today, it was 3.79.  less than 2 months.  
in that same time period, milk went from 1.99 to 2.49.

feels like inflation to me.....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:13:33 PM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
skflyfish
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »

I would love to buy gas at $2.79. It is $3.99 here.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »

LOL, so would i.  that should have been 3.79.  i'll fix it.  thanks for the catch  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:35 PM »

Gas is bouncing around down here. As much as 14 cents in one day. If you see it cheap you want to stop right then and get some or by the time you get home and back it could change. It also can be 3 to 4 cents different from cross corner station  huh

Everything increases in price when fuel prices goes up. Someone has to pay for the fuel to get the goods to where they are coming from and going to.

So no, not inflation  Wink

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »

You are looking at the devaluation of the dollar.   Look at everything traded on the world market.   Metals, oil, everything.  Price on the world market is still the same, just the dollars are more.  Oil is traded in dollars.  Look at your savings going down the drain.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »

and if they are successful in dumping the dollar as international currency then stand by for heavy seas because this ship is going to roll.

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »

KathyP where do you find milk for that cheap?  I've been paying over 3 bucks a gallon for a while now.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:36 AM »

i think it's one of the things they keep low to get you into the store.  this place consistently has milk for less than other stores.  of course, i buy other things when i go in there.  guess their marketing ploy works  grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »

feels like inflation to me.....
Kathy, Kathy, Kathy....

Rising food and gas prices aren't 'inflation'. When the gov't measures inflation, it uses the 'core' CPI index which doesn't include food or energy costs. You need to understand that just because the price of a few insignificant incidentals has increased, that's not really inflation, that's just some fringe price fluctuation.

We should trust our gov't: they know best; they'll tell us the truth; they'll take care of us.
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »

We should trust our gov't: they know best; they'll tell us the truth; they'll take care of us.

I really hope that was being sarcastic

James

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »

They will take care of you   shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

i am not one of the beloved.  i am on the list(s)  evil

i don't think my government would mind if i dropped into a black hole and was never heard from again.

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »

Have you seen what the price of sugar did this week?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »

have not looked.  got lucky and got a lot of it at the discount store this winter.  what's it up to now??

Alexis de Tocqueville
hankdog1
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 01:29:37 AM »

I would love for someone to explain to me how fuel prices keep going up yet they say we are driving less?  Is all my fuel evaporating from my tank while it's setting out there?  But i'm sure energy has nothing to do with inflation.  Oddly enough i've been hearing talk of manufacters looking back to the US instead of over seas which maybe a good thing.  So who knows this non inflation may be a good thing who knows.

Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 09:56:33 AM »

I think we have way too much light pollution. All towns and cities need to reduce their light out put by at least half.

And what is up with these so called security lights everyone wants in their yards? Just lights the area so the cooks can see better  shocked

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »

no kidding on the lights.  i didn't realize how much had crept into my area until i was a buds and the stars were so bright.  it's sad to think that so many kids have never had the pleasure of looking into a dark sky and seeing the stars.

never mind the cost of all those lights..... evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Mshel
House Bee

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »

So true. Kids dont act like kids did in my day. They dont want to play outside & have no imagination.
BEES4U
House Bee

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 10:04:13 AM »

Fuel on the west coast:
Diesel $4.45/gal
Gas 87 octane $3.39

Regards,
Ernie
bees4u.com

E. B. LUCAS APIARIES
bees4u.com
(Queen Breeder)
bristopen
New Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »

So true. Kids dont act like kids did in my day. They dont want to play outside & have no imagination.

Yes, Children and adults alike!

But what do you think is the reason for that?

Maybe we can fix it!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next