Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 06:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April Snow in the Apiary  (Read 3609 times)
skflyfish
House Bee

« on: April 17, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »

Video

Yet more snow and it's April 17th. errrrrrrrrr.  grin
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:09:47 AM »

would that be your onion snow?LOL
Jim 134
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »

Kind of looks like Northern New England in May  evil

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 Smiley

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:50:34 AM »

35 here this AM.  wonder if spring will ever come?  at least we don't have snow!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
skflyfish
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:14 PM »

Yes the onion family doesn't mind the cold. Maybe it should be the onion snow moon .  grin

Well at least it is snow and not a tornado.  Wink
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »

Nice video, but you can keep that white stuff up there.   grin
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »

Man that's one heck of a place ya got there! You're gonna have to have us all come up for a fishing fest!

Scott

P.S. Sorry 'bout the snow

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

Nice video of a Michigan spring, but it didn’t capture the full effect of snow AND wind!  

If any bees ventured out here today, they got blown over to the next County, or into Canada….
Picobrew
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 01:36:44 AM »

The historic average high temperature on this date is 56F.  We didn't get there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think cayenne, I think cayenne.
skflyfish
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »

Man that's one heck of a place ya got there! You're gonna have to have us all come up for a fishing fest!

Sure. The best fishing of the year was about 3 weeks ago, when steelhead, walleye and black horse suckers are all up spawning. The walleye are out of season so they have to be released, but fun to catch. The suckers in the spring actually eat pretty good if you score the meat every 1/4 inch down to the skin. Or can them. Steelhead are great fun to catch and eat pretty good too. Have JP bring up some blackened seasoning, cause I think they eat the best blackened.

Also bring all the down and/or woolen clothes you have. It is still dang cold out then.

The fall, mid September to mid October is when the salmon run and that is fun too, but they are dying and are really concerned with getting their one piece of tail in their lifetime, rather than fighting the other person at the end of the line. I am getting soft hearted and hardly fish them anymore, not wanting to disturb their last chance at some fun.  grin

I was more thinking of shaving my head and coming to FL and call myself Scott's older, fatter brother and helping with some swarms and cut-outs.  grin

Thx.
skflyfish
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »

The historic average high temperature on this date is 56F.  We didn't get there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More snow for tomorrow, eh.

That looks like prime black morel area by your hives.  Wink This might be one of those years when you can go out and find black phallic symbols sticking out of the snow.  grin

skflyfish
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »

Nice video of a Michigan spring, but it didn’t capture the full effect of snow AND wind!  

If any bees ventured out here today, they got blown over to the next County, or into Canada….

Yes the video didn't get the wind. But hey there is always tomorrow.  grin
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 08:26:18 PM »

You're welcome here anytime fish! I can take you fishin' for both fresh water and saltwater fish...crabs, oysters, clams, shrimp....

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next