Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 12:16:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Image Size  (Read 1050 times)
CapnChkn
House Bee

« on: April 14, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »

What is the limit on pixel size a photo can be to upload to the post?

"Thinking is like sin, them that doesn't is scairt of it, and them that does gets to liking it so much they can't quit!"  -Josh Billings.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »

can't answer that for you, but keep in mind that not everyone has a fast connection smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »

The only limit I know is on the AVATAR not images in a post - may be wrong, but worse case you'd need to scroll if it is huge.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »

I don’t know the answer either, but I read somewhere that the forum/software doesn’t allocate space to store photos and that is why you need to use a photo service like Photobucket, Imageshack, etc.   The images are stored on a third party site and then linked into the forum pages as you view a page. 

From my personal observation, it appears the beemaster forum will retrieve your photos from the third party site (via the [img] tag you add to your post) and resize them to fit the forum pages.  It looks likes Beemaster resizes the photo so they don’t exceed about 600 pixels wide.  You can probably post whatever size of photo the third party site will allow, but the extra resolution in those big photos just wastes bandwidth as Kathy says.  It takes time for the bee master site to pull down a large photo from a third party photo site and resize it.  That shows up as a delay in seeing the photo in the forum.

Most digital cameras shoot photos with sizes of at least 2256 x 1496 pixels, most even bigger.  That’s way bigger than peoples monitor (1920 x 1080) and wastes bandwidth when being viewed on a monitor (like viewing a forum).   The raw big photos will work, but they just slow down the works. 

What I do, is resize my raw photos down to 800 to 1000 pixels wide before uploading them to photobucket.  That size can be uploaded and downloaded much quicker and still has plenty of resolution to show detail.   Of course I resize a copy of my original raw file and keep the original full sized photo on my computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next