Lenape13 posted about a bee removal in Beloit, Ohio. This is what we found.
The first picture is the wall before we started. The house was built in the early 1900's, and the exterior had very ornate original siding.
The bees were located inside an upstairs bedroom wall.
The lath and plaster ate through four multi-tool blades.
Here we are removing some of the first comb sections. This first stud bay was all honey storage.
This is my son Alex using the Bee-Vac to remove some of the bees before we remove more comb sections.
We found the queen and placed her into the queen catcher and secured her into the brood box.
This is the wall after we were done. The bees were in four different stud bays. Very large colony of very gentle bees.
This colony had over fifty pounds of honey left. We carried out three large containers of honey comb, a deep hive body filled with brood, and a medium packed with the bees from the bee-vac.
Thanks to Lenape13 for passing on the information for the removal.