Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 01:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hockey Town Help  (Read 549 times)
thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« on: March 21, 2011, 11:11:01 AM »

hey all i've lifted the following message in order to give some support for their hockey arena...please vote for them

In brief, our little town of 1100 people has been working really hard these past few months on a community project and so far we’ve made it to the top 5 in a Canada wide bid to be named "Kraft Hockeyville" and win $100,000 towards upgrading our arena and ours certainly can use a lot of upgrades... actually a re-build would be best but we don't have the funds.

Anyway, a lot of you know how much I love hockey, or at least being a hockey mom, so if you could take just a few minutes to click the link below and vote a few times (it's free) for our tiny little town and hard-working kids I'd really appreciate it! We're up against MUCH bigger cities with much larger populations so our chances are quite slim without a lot of outside help.

Thanks so much if you take the time, and I promise that I always do the same when a fellow orger has asked for this kind of help on here - like cute cats and poetry contests!! Smiley

Voting closes Monday night!!

We actually thought that Edson was going to be our biggest competition but they didn't even make the top 10, we were the only Alberta town to even make the first cut. The most annoying part about it is that some towns are running and they have dencent, fairly new arenas while ours is barely hanging on. The roof leaks on our heads in the dressing rooms, the ice maker is terrible, our bathrooms are embarassing and it would really be nice to get cold water out of the taps to fill the kids water bottles with - for some reason the water only comes out warm...

Anyway, we really appreciate the help - it would really be amazing (and quite suprising actually) if this little town can beat out these other big cities! We're certsinly deserving, so thanks again for supporting us! Smiley

vote here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hockeyville/community/2581/en/index.shtml

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:31:48 PM »

Balvenie,  I gave you a couple of votes, but you do realize the real Hockeytown is Detroit, right?

If you need a new stadium for Hockey, move to Pontiac, MI they have a beautiful 80,000 seat stadium called the Silverdome that recently went on the auction block for $500K.   No, that is not a misprint!  $500 thousand dollars buys you a 80,000 seat NFL stadium here.  Meanwhile Jerry Jones spends $1 Billion on his new Shrine in Texas.

Something seems a little out of wack doesn’t it? 

Then again, GM flattened a 1 billion dollar assembly plant to a parking lot in Flint MI, so it’s not too unusual to see Billion dollar structures valued at pennies on the dollar around here.  Yep, that free trade (not fair trade) thing the Republicans have pushed for so long is really paying off……
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »

>>>Yep, that free trade (not fair trade) thing the Republicans have pushed for so long is really paying off……<<<

How in the he77 can you ever think there is free trade in a state that is TOTALLY UNION OWNED??

The auto industry has been totally wiped out by the extortionist group of killers known as the union.

thebalvenie, I voted...

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:22:11 AM »

Iddee, we’re only 40% owned by the union anymore, most of the rich union guys moved to North Carolina to retire.  I hear they might be trying to unionize the bee keepers down there.  Keep an ear open  Wink

“In sheer numbers, the(auto trade) gap seems to be even wider. In all of 2009, the U.S. exported just 5,878 autos to South Korea. South Korea, on the other hand, exported 476,833 autos to the U.S.” http://www.economyincrisis.org/content/trade-deficit-south-korea-autos-continues-rise

Quote from autonews:  “South Korea's auto-related trade to US set record high surplus last year (2010)”.

Fair and balanced?  Yep, our politicians are really making progress creating jobs……..in Asia. 

BTW….I have no ties to the dreaded “union”  Smiley

thebalvenie
House Bee

Vote Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »

thanks all who voted Wink 

it wasn't for my hometown just a friend's...their town is small and they have a poor facility....hopefully they can win!

Wink  thanks again

"Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next