Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help. Any lawn mower repair experts?  (Read 24350 times)

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Help. Any lawn mower repair experts?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »
You would think the gas in it was bad as some of it has been in there for several years and the other was put in two years ago. Mybe gas just doesn't go bad in Texas  :roll:

Even a blind hog will find an acorn sometimes.  :devilbanana:
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 02:10:15 AM »
You would think the gas in it was bad as some of it has been in there for several years and the other was put in two years ago. Mybe gas just doesn't go bad in Texas  :roll:

Maybe the gas in it was before the infusion of ethanol.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »
It may be possible that the alcohol has evaporated from the gasoline over time.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »
Corn gas that sat too long.   Carb needs cleaning.   See it all the time here.   
I've got a John Deere snowblower that only sat 10 or so months that now won't start. I think the carb needs cleaning but can't believe it clogged that quickly. It belonged to my MIL and her "kid" down the street who did her snowblowing never added any Sta-bil to the gas so now I've accepted a gift that's going to be a PIA or expensive to fix.
 The carb is behind a cover that's held in place with the control knobs that won't come off. I think if I could get to the carb I could remove the bowl and clean it enough to get it running. If it's not one thing it's another. :roll:
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 10:45:47 PM »
Corn gas that sat too long.   Carb needs cleaning.   See it all the time here.   
I've got a John Deere snowblower that only sat 10 or so months that now won't start. I think the carb needs cleaning but can't believe it clogged that quickly. It belonged to my MIL and her "kid" down the street who did her snowblowing never added any Sta-bil to the gas so now I've accepted a gift that's going to be a PIA or expensive to fix.
 The carb is behind a cover that's held in place with the control knobs that won't come off. I think if I could get to the carb I could remove the bowl and clean it enough to get it running. If it's not one thing it's another. :roll:

As the Farmer explained to his city slicker cousin, "If it's not one Thing, it's an Udder."
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
If you can find a source that sales gas that doesn't have the ethanol. A few cents more per gal but I pay that for my small engines. Also an inline filter and a fuel cut off valve. I turn the shut off when I am through with my tiller and let it run out. :)don2

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »
Also an inline filter and a fuel cut off valve. I turn the shut off when I am through with my tiller and let it run out. :)don2
Great advice !!!
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

anything