I'm still having problems with the hive that I've been trying to start up this spring. My old hive is going great: I requeened in April, and have just added my third super. My new hive, however is not going so well. I originally installed the package and queen the end of April. When I did an inspection a couple of weeks later I could find no queen or brood. This continued for two more weeks at which time I decided to re-queen. I was never able to find a queen or brood on follow-up checks, so I put a couple of frames of capped brood from my old colony in and a week or so later installed yet another queen. I checked the colony this weekend (one week after the new queen was released). I could not find the queen (this one was marked) and couldn't see any eggs, but there are still a fair number of bees in the hive, and one deep body has a lot of honey and pollen. I think I'll just leave this one for a while and see what happens. If there really is no queen I guess the bees will all eventually die and I'll try again next spring.