Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 25, 2014, 05:14:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Answering Kathy's question  (Read 10656 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2011, 12:21:42 PM »

So I was right..... sort of  I dunno

A positive loss is when you were expecting a lot and got little.

Or is that a negative profit?  huh

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »

Probably an inverse abstract negative with a moderate positive inflection.  Lips Sealed

be happy and make others happy.
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »

Probably an inverse abstract negative with a moderate positive inflection.  Lips Sealed

LOL I like it. Smiley

Never thought I would do it!
Countryboy
House Bee

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2011, 01:00:02 AM »

there are also multiple chromosomes xxx, yyy xyx etc. - forgot the name of the condition, but XXX does not get wonderwoman, yyy does not get superman - it's messy and unfortunate.

They don't exactly meet the definition of boy or girl either.

Yeah, I knew it was something like that but countryboy has deemed himself the expert so I thought I would give him enough rope.

You just don't get it do you?  I don't claim to be an expert, but I am appalled that you appear to lack the basic understanding of things that are expected from anyone who has been taught basic high school biology.

For your reading pleasure:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_negative_profit_mean

Earlier you claim that a loss is the same thing as a negative net profit.  If you actually took the time to READ AND UNDERSTAND the links you posted, you would see that what they call negative net profit is not a loss, nor is it a negative.  It is profits realized from loss prevention - money that would have otherwise been lost. (Waste or theft are negatives, and profits realized by reducing those negatives is what they are calling a negative profit.)

An example in our daily lives is if you recycle aluminum cans.  If you just tossed them out with the garbage, you would not get paid anything.  They are waste materials - a negative.  When you take them to the recycling center, you make a couple bucks.  This money that you would not have received if you threw them away, is the profit you made from items that are normally trash (negatives).  It is actually profit from a negative, rather than a negative profit.  Accountants can make up all kinds of funky names for things, but it doe snot change the actual nature of what it is.  A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.
Acebird
Field Bee

Just getting started

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »

but specifically on the concept of a negative net profit...never heard of it.

He passed a CPA exam and never head of it and there it is.  Terms change over time, languages have different meanings.  American English words and British English words have opposite meanings.

Earlier you claim that a loss is the same thing as a negative net profit.

Oops, I made a mistake, you're king.

They don't exactly meet the definition of boy or girl either.

Maybe not but they can be human and a determination at birth will be made (boy or girl) and stamped on your birth certificate.  Later on in life this human may choose to change biologically the mistake.

Countryboy, you see things black and white.  For the most part I do too.  However after a lot of years and life's experiences I learned that not everything is black and white.

Never thought I would do it!
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2011, 12:02:47 AM »

Castro, same thing.  These people are backed for a reason.  ...

Ace, did you know that not only is food rationed in Cuba but so is your time at the beach.  This is because the Cuban government is afraid its citizens will madly dash into the waves and strike out for Florida if Cubans are allowed to stare at the Gulf of Mexico to long. 

Now Fidel's brother Raul, has announced that the Cuban government will fire 1,000,000 more Cubans on top of the 500,000 he has already let go this past year.  So now if Fidel and Raul Castro were to both die together, say in a plane crash, so many Cubans would hit the water that the resultant tidal wave would swamp Mobile, Alabama.

I am afraid you are confusing political revolution with advancements in technology, they are not the same thing.  They never were.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next